Pre-VCAs General Discussion

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby Fall_Child42 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:28 am

Well, there is that list of rejected categories from a couple of years ago I think are all completely just as viable as alternate categories for "made you want to watch the anime"
Image
User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
 
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: Jurassic Park
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby Fall_Child42 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:46 am

For your convienece I will Highlight the categories I think are the most suitable replacements for "made you watch the anime"


AMV Most Appropriately Likened to a Durian
A durian is a fruit possessing a most repugnant smell, much like rotting garbage. However, the _taste_ of a durian -- the only true measure of a fruit -- has been described among gourmets as one of the closest approximations to Heaven itself. This award is given to the 2005 AMV that best resembles this torturous and yet terrific food.
[ED: This one didn't even get rejected!]

Best annoyance
This catagory would only be open to the mods. Spamming catagory suggestions does not qualify since that was done in 2006.
REASON REJECTED: Categories must be positive.

Best Anti-Terrorist Propaganda
The contemporary Free World is under constant threat from the spectre of terrorism. Thus, in these times, the people of the Free World require nourishment to fuel the spirit of patriotism. This award is given to the video that most effectively instills Liberty, Democracy, and Fraternity into its viewers.
REASON REJECTED: These awards are not politically motivated. (This rejection is a lie.)

Best Apocalyptic AMV
There are many videos showing what may or may not be the end of the world. Some give you a warm, fuzzy feeling and make you say, "Wow, I hope life really does end up like that." Some scare you and make you paranoid for life. This award will feature the video which best portrays armagedden. Yay for paranoia!!!
REASON REJECTED:

Best Dada AMV
Dada is a movement of art that is, in a sense, a movement against art. The best video in this category must therefore be judged by is strict non-adherence to cliche, standards, and forms common to AMVs, in a sense, the ANTI-AMV expressed WITH an AMV. Deep.
REASON REJECTED:

Best Dinosaur
So basically, dinosaurs are totally sweet. The problem is, which one is THE sweet? I believe only the 2006 VCAs can decide. Possible nominations include the T Rex, the triceratops, and Requiett. Fuck brontosauri, though. Those things are pussies.
REASON REJECTED: Uuuugh.... [ed: :dino: ]

Best Editor Not Participating in the VCAs
Even Editors not participating in the VCAs should be eligible for a VCA, This Category is for them!
REASON REJECTED:

Best Exposition of Conspiracy Theory
This award is designated for the video that best illuminates the shadows. It may be awarded posthumously, for it is highly unlikely that any such exposé deserving of this award would leave its creator alive.
REASON REJECTED: That is quite creative. [ed: even the rejector thought it was a good idea!]

Best Haiku AMV
Video that utilizes simplicity the best.
REASON REJECTED: If only the category description was written as a haiku...

Best Inthesto Video
Because we all know Inthesto needs an award
REASON REJECTED:

Best loser
The winner of this catagory isn't really a loser since he won. I'll leave it to the voters on how to figure out this contradiction.
REASON REJECTED: You win!!

Best Male Model
Hansel... he\'s so hot right now. |:
REASON REJECTED:

Best Mediocre Video
This video is the best example out there of what most people are easily able to do.
REASON REJECTED: Oxymoron?

Best Re-Re-mastard Video
A sucky video that made small improvments each time to become great!
REASON REJECTED:

Best Rejected VCA Category
Best Category that tried real hard but didn't quite make it, Like the little engine that could says "i think I can I think I can" but this category couldn't ...better luck next year.
REASON REJECTED: Winner!! This IS the best rejected VCA category!!

Best source for downloaded footage
You will be banned for suggesting entries to this catagory on the forums.
REASON REJECTED:

Best Use of Japanese Language
日本アニメにはキャラクターが日本語で話しますが、AMVにあまり日本語使いません。しかし、AMVが時々日本語を使います。この賞は日本語を一番よく使うビデオに贈ります。
REASON REJECTED: These are hard to identify and unless you know Japanes, you don't know if it's a good use or not.

Best Use of Kooptangles
Best use of Kooptangles in an AMV
REASON REJECTED: Categories should not be based on anime series/characters.

Best Use of Non-Anime Footage
This video uses non-anime footage in such a way that people get up and take notice.
REASON REJECTED:

Best Use of Non-Video
As we all know video plays an important role in AMV creation. But some people think that the video is the only thing that makes an AMV. This is completely incorrect! Like the use of empty space in graphic design the choice of what not to put in a video is as equally important as what is in the video. This award would go to what you don't see and what wasn't used.

Best Use of Nudity
Not all nekkid bodies mean hentai. These Locally-hosted videos feature bare flesh in a way that enhances the video's quality.
REASON REJECTED:

Best use of racism
This award would go to the person who used the most stereotypical racist anime around in their video. The creator of the 2005 logo does not qualify because it wasn't an AMV.
REASON REJECTED: Categories must be positive.

Best Use of Rice
Everybody knows that those Japanese love their rice, so this video best supports the Japanese culture by showcasing lots and lots of rice.
REASON REJECTED:

Best video done by a blind midget albino eskimo nun
Ok, maybe the catagory is a little too selective...
REASON REJECTED: You win again!!

Biggest Asshole
The org has loads of assholes, it's time to crown one as victory. Then ban his worthless ass.
REASON REJECTED: Categories must be positive.

Biggest disappearance
This award goes to the admin who created the most unfounded rumors by randomly just disappearing.
REASON REJECTED: Categories must be positive.

Biggest ego
This award is for the person who THINKS he every video of his deserves an award but in reality they suck so much they\'ll never get one.
REASON REJECTED: Categories must be positive.

Biggest Winner
This guy won so much, it's just crazy. Let's add to his winnings, shall we?
REASON REJECTED:

Fattest Member
A Fatty member who can use fat bombs and fat missles like Bob Poundmax as a weapon of fatness!
REASON REJECTED: Winner!!

Jean Paul Sartre award
For the video that had the most god awful gobldygook in it.
REASON REJECTED:

Least Politically Correct Video
Movements against political correctness are a staple of shock acts, and AMVs have become no exception to this. However, just like in any field, some AMVs use such tactics better than others. This award is presented to the video that best spits in the face of bland nothingness. Bonus points awarded if the video has actually managed to offend someone.
REASON REJECTED: Categories must be positive.

Romantic/Rookie
i´ve created a romantic video with a song in spanish, that it´s because i want yo impulse this kind of music in the AMV creators, no just can be english, french, japanese,etc music in all videos, the only problem that i had was with the spanish subtitles, i can´t remove them, but i´ve try to put some escenes without subtitles, i hope that will be a great video if you vote for me, please check the video and give me you´r comments please NOTE: i can´t write and speak english at the perfection because i´m from another country and i´m learning english, please my apollogies
REASON REJECTED:

rookie video of the year
the best video from a rookie or person that has just started creating amv's this year.
REASON REJECTED: Duplicate. This is "Best First Video".

rookie video of the year (cont)
i think this is actualy different then first video because it is not like rookies only make one video a year and well there first may not be there best so i do not think that it is fair to only give an award to there first video i think first video award is good but if it is the same as rookie video of the year then i feel it should be reworded because i think that rookies should still have a chance past there first video that can get some recognation <3 i love you all.
REASON REJECTED: Maybe next year...

Sexiest Female Editor
This editor exemplifies how sexy female editors should be in this hobby. Photos are a must.
REASON REJECTED:

Sexiest Male Editor
Best exemplifies the male editor that I'd do. Photos are a must
REASON REJECTED:

The Alan Clontz Award for Innovation in Cleavage Presentation
A woman's breasts may be presented in a myriad of ways, some more effective than others. This award, named after the master bust procurer, is given to the 2005 AMV providing the freshest look upon this subject.
REASON REJECTED:
[ed: Too much like the "made you watch the anime award?]

The Albert Camus And Jean-Paul Sartre Memorial Award
Best use of pretentious, artistic, minimalist, abstract, existentialist, absurdsim. An AMV that brings up themes of banality, nothingness, and existence. Extreme pessimism is a must. Long videos with action and a point will be disqualified. The Award should be sent out to the winner, but never arrive.
REASON REJECTED:

the best longest video of the year
the best of the very long videos
REASON REJECTED:

The Cyrano de Bergerac Award
Much like Rostand's fabled playwright, there exist AMVs out there of extraordinary genius and beauty -- only to be hidden from the admiration of the public by some superficial detail; say, the crookedness of the creator's nose, or perhaps (in a translation to the Internet) insufficient advertisement. This award is given -- in bittersweet remembrance -- to the video that represents the greatest loss to the community, in the hope of simultaneously recognizing its genius and pulling it from the destructive depths of obscurity.
REASON REJECTED: Do Evanescense videos count?

The Dr. Tenma Memorial 'Old-School' Award
Whether it be the video, the music, or both, this video brings back nostalgic memories of an earlier time. Not necessarily old looking or tape-to-tape edited or eanything like that, just the best video that you have seen to give that 'old-school' feeling. (DISCLAIMER: If Naruto is you first anime...no, Rurouni Kenshin isn't 'old-school'. And music from the 90s isn't either. Ask your parents about cool, and take some notes.)
REASON REJECTED:

The Frodo Baggins award
This video most motivated people to travel thousands of miles and endure many hardships for the sole purpose of fighting and destroying the evil being that made it.
REASON REJECTED:

The JRR Tolkien Award
For the video that best uses 50 scenes when one scene would have worked.
REASON REJECTED:

The Leeroy Jenkins Award
This is awarded to the video that not only provides an intense "what the heck?" moment, but also stands a great chance at becoming a meme.
REASON REJECTED:

The Mao Tse-tung Great Leap Forward Memorial Award
Every now and then, an AMV is created that attempts to redefine the state of the art. Such AMVs sometimes have terrible effects upon the community, indiscriminately unleashing the havoc of abuses of once-controlled techniques on video work. Yet such devastation is not wholly in vain: like the modern People's Republic of China, astounding greatness may once again emerge from the rubble.[0] This award is thus granted to the AMV that has created the most intense shockwaves through the community for this year. [0] Obviously, not everyone can rise from the rubble.
REASON REJECTED:

The Nagasaki Award
For the video that was promoted the most but still turned out to be a huge bomb that made thousands of people sick just by being near it.
REASON REJECTED:

The Passions of Christ award
The most gratuitous use of violence disguised as 'art'.
REASON REJECTED:

The Piers Anthony Award
For the video that managed to repeat one joke over and over and over and over and over and over and....
REASON REJECTED:

The Robert Louis Stevenson Award
Video with the greatest amount of drastic contrast.
REASON REJECTED:

The Uwe Boll Award
This award should be given to the video that best exemplifies the principles of editing and composition set forth by famed director Uwe Boll in his work.
REASON REJECTED:

The Why Doesn’t Ken Have Healing Award.
Many people have come up to me and asked why Ken doesn’t have healing. I believe the 2006 VCAs is the only way to settle the age old question once and for all. In answering this, the secret to what Ken and Ryu say in their QCB+K attack, will also be revealed.
REASON REJECTED:

The wikipedia award
This award goes to the video that best exemplifies the wikipedia model. The video is bare bones and full of mistakes but with hours of free editing and improvements by the community it MIGHT finally come close to being as good as videos that have been around for years.
REASON REJECTED:

Veteran of the Year
It just came to me while reading through these titles. They suggested Rookie of the Year a few times but... Where are the great old ones? We should give away an award for creators, who were around from the beggining through all these years, participating, even winning awards with their great works.
REASON REJECTED:

Whatever Award
This is dedicated to the video that best showed something or another in the video.
REASON REJECTED:

Worse naruto video
We all know there is no such thing as a good Naruto video but have you ever wondered which one is actually the worse on the org?
REASON REJECTED: Categories must be positive.

Worse use of the English language
Shinodude, this one is for you.
REASON REJECTED: For all you do...
Image
User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
 
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: Jurassic Park
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby Animated » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:22 pm

mfw I see that my thread is not taken seriously at all:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Animated
Drama Text Cop
 
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Status: Texty :3

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby Fall_Child42 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:25 pm

How dare you try to claim that I'm not serious!

I have never been more serious!
Image
User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
 
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: Jurassic Park
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby JudgeHolden » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:36 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:How dare you try to claim that I'm not serious!

I have never been more serious!


There's a raccoon in my pants and you're invited. :sorcerer:
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
JudgeHolden
 
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Location: The great white north (Minneapolis)
Status: Looking at you through your window!

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby lloyd9988 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:02 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:Biggest ego
This award is for the person who THINKS he every video of his deserves an award but in reality they suck so much they\'ll never get one.
REASON REJECTED: Categories must be positive.


heeeeyyyyy~ I liked that one :cry:
~Yo~
User avatar
lloyd9988
 
Joined: 15 May 2011
Location: AZ
Status: Yeahhhhh......

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby ProjectBarcodeError » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:Biggest ego
This award is for the person who THINKS he every video of his deserves an award but in reality they suck so much they\'ll never get one.
REASON REJECTED: Categories must be positive.


Spoiler :
Oh I remember a certain one from San Japan results, if i'm correct XD
User avatar
ProjectBarcodeError
 
Joined: 09 May 2011
Location: snooping as usual

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby Animated » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:43 pm

I remember him too, fun times. :awesome: I'd TOTALLY love to have this award this year (many editors to nominate, especially a certain one) , but hey : Flamewars, drama and editors threatening to leave.


Unfortunately, I also love those three things too.
Image
Image
User avatar
Animated
Drama Text Cop
 
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Status: Texty :3

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby [madaraxD] » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:47 pm

ProjectBarcodeError wrote:
Spoiler :
Oh I remember a certain one from San Japan results, if i'm correct XD


:rofl:
Image
User avatar
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2010
Location: Argentina
Status: Under your bed!

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby Shin-AMV » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:
Biggest Winner
This guy won so much, it's just crazy. Let's add to his winnings, shall we?



I like this one. <.<
Image
User avatar
Shin-AMV
 
Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Status: Emo Poptart

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby Kisagi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Best Style for those who edit with a type of style.
Image
User avatar
Kisagi
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Location: California, United States
Status: Back working with art

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby TritioAFB » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:50 pm

Il Machete
This guy won so much, it's just crazy. Let's add to his winnings, shall we?


also:

Best Style for those who edit with a type of style.


What kind of styles?
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby Cresentpheonix » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 pm

How about best beat sync AMV, or lip sync. Best no effect and transition or with. Best action, drama, horror, comedy Amv. THOSE ARE SOME^^
Image
User avatar
Cresentpheonix
 
Joined: 22 Dec 2012

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby Kisagi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Oh, Biggest AMV Troll :awesome:

TritioAFB wrote:What kind of styles?

Meaning for people who are best at making amvs in a certain way (for ex: being good at effects, cameras, masking & etc. that forms out of the ordinary). Well, it's kind of hard to explain, I wonder if anyone knows what I mean.
Image
User avatar
Kisagi
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Location: California, United States
Status: Back working with art

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Postby TritioAFB » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:11 pm

Theredflash66 wrote:Oh, Biggest AMV Troll :awesome:

TritioAFB wrote:What kind of styles?

Meaning for people who are best at making amvs in a certain way (for ex: being good at effects, cameras, masking & etc. that forms out of the ordinary). Well, it's kind of hard to explain, I wonder if anyone knows what I mean.


Like: Best crossover, best psychedelic?
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

PreviousNext

Return to General AMV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MaboroshiStudio, M'o'l and 1 guest