DBZ Clean up

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Enigmo
Org Profile

Re: DBZ Clean up

Post by Enigmo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:40 am

Hm, interesting. I'll be decreasing it in the future and see how it looks. Thanks for letting me know ;)
Image Image

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:11 am

I like this assumption that bluray makes it HD. protip, it doesn't.

Enigmo
Org Profile

Post by Enigmo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:08 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:I like this assumption that bluray makes it HD. protip, it doesn't.
Late response, but, how does it not?
Image Image

xnamkcor
Org Profile

Post by xnamkcor » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Enigmo wrote:
Mister Hatt wrote:I like this assumption that bluray makes it HD. protip, it doesn't.
Bluray is a disk format that supports bitrates necessary for HD, but that in no way means the source or produced material is HD. For example, I have a test disk I made using AVCHD that is a TAS of Super Mario 64 tiled several times to fill 1920x1080 and has various bitrates and framerates. But the only unique information is 320x240 video and 44.1KHz Stereo 16-bit WAV PCM. In a similar way, a production company could use minimal scaling methods to author a Bluray Disk and it is "HD" according to specification, but in no way high in definition.
No post in this thread would lead anyone(except you) to believe that.
WE DRAMATIZE IT COMPLETELY!

Enigmo
Org Profile

Post by Enigmo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:22 pm

xnamkcor wrote:
Enigmo wrote:
Bluray is a disk format that supports bitrates necessary for HD, but that in no way means the source or produced material is HD. For example, I have a test disk I made using AVCHD that is a TAS of Super Mario 64 tiled several times to fill 1920x1080 and has various bitrates and framerates. But the only unique information is 320x240 video and 44.1KHz Stereo 16-bit WAV PCM. In a similar way, a production company could use minimal scaling methods to author a Bluray Disk and it is "HD" according to specification, but in no way high in definition.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Blu-Ray is just a disk format. But is your point that if it's just an upscaling job, then this means it is not HD? If so, what does 'HD' actually mean? And I don't ask that to support the idea that upscaling makes it HD; I just don't know the actual meaning of 'HD'.
Image Image

xnamkcor
Org Profile

Post by xnamkcor » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:40 pm

Enigmo wrote:Yeah, I know what you mean. Blu-Ray is just a disk format. But is your point that if it's just an upscaling job, then this means it is not HD? If so, what does 'HD' actually mean? And I don't ask that to support the idea that upscaling makes it HD; I just don't know the actual meaning of 'HD'.
Are you talking about the specification standard for the definition for "HD" or are you asking for an approximate definition of what HD should be at a minimum to be, in good faith, a reasonable effort to have been produced in high definition?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_video

Typically, 720i is the minimum for "HD" with no reference to actual bitrate or content.

xnamkcor
Org Profile

Post by xnamkcor » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:43 pm

No Edit button. Cool.

PS: Also, consider the fact that we've resurrected a topic because Mister Hat made a comment that was unfounded and probably a bait. Unless this starts to actually pertain to the original topic we should probably move this to another topic whose topic is the philosophical discussion of what HD is.

Return to “AviSynth Help”