VCA Checklist

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

VCA Checklist

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:23 am

Thought this might be helpful for those who aren't familiar with the VCAs. Those of us who have been coming to the site for a while know all of this but I want to do everything possible to make sure that each year gets better and better.

Firstly... What are the VCAs?
What the VCAs are all about...

The AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers Choice Awards is an annual opportunity to recognize and acknowledge the videos that stand out above and beyond the rest of the video crowd. It is a way for everyone who enjoys anime music videos here to say “Thank you” to the ones who went out of their way to put that extra effort of creating a video that is really exceptional.
So it's kind of like our Academy Awards. Anyone can vote in it, even if you haven't made a video this year (or ever) so it's open to everyone!
So, here is a checklist of things to make sure you have done.

-----------------------------------------------------------

[x] An account on Animemusicvideos.org - In order to vote in our contest, you must be registered! Registration is free and easy http://www.animemusicvideos.org/home/signup.php

[x] If you wish to have your videos from 2012 entered into the VCAs, there must be a catalog entry with the video's information listed on the Org before 2012 is over! - If you are unsure about how to create a catalog entry, follow this guide I made on how to upload videos to the org. http://youtu.be/8fqnI-XmWuQ

[x] Your opt-in/opt-out should be double checked! If you want your videos to be eligible for the VCAs then make sure the option "All of my videos have been entered into the catalog" is checked.
If you do not want your videos to be eligible for the VCAs then you need to make sure to un-check the box.
You can change and check this option in the Edit Your Profile section: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... rofile.php
All boxes should be pre-checked but if yours is not or you have any errors, let us know ASAP!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Entering Akross? Just make sure you have a catalog entry up! You can upload the video later but as long you've got a catalog entry up before 2013 hits then your video is eligible for the VCAs. Note: Occasionally there can be errors where videos uploaded after the deadline do not appear for nominations. If this happens to you simply let us know as soon as possible before the first round of nominations is over and we can get it corrected.

Beyond that, there is nothing else to do! The nomination announcement should come shortly after the New Year hits (normally around end of January or early February) so you've got plenty of time to make lists of your favorite videos this year that you want to vote for.

If you have any questions about the VCAs, how the contest runs, etc....please post below.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: VCA Checklist

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:31 am

Official policies on dealing with problems like rookies who aren't, parodies that aren't, and other things of that nature that pop up year after year? The official line seems to be "if we caught it in time, we'd have fixed it" - can we have "in time" defined?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:58 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Official policies on dealing with problems like rookies who aren't, parodies that aren't, and other things of that nature that pop up year after year? The official line seems to be "if we caught it in time, we'd have fixed it" - can we have "in time" defined?

Yeah, if I have it my way that shit won't happen. I'll be taking care of it in private so don't worry about it :P Just keep your eyes open for videos that SHOULD be on the list, where the editor did everything right, but aren't. Those are errors that NEED to be corrected, not stupid mistakes that WILL be corrected.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:00 pm

i'm looking forward to the VCAs :) great way for me to see awesome stuff i missed this year.

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Rider4Z wrote:i'm looking forward to the VCAs :) great way for me to see awesome stuff i missed this year.
x2

Watching ngsilver's VCA livestream last year was a huge help in this regard and a lot of fun, besides!

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:34 am

I do plan to host the livestream of the semis and finals again this year. It was a lot of fun, even if we got to see the same 5 vids like 20 times :D
ImageImageImageImage

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:23 pm

vote for meh! :aimkissyface:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:08 pm

ngsilver wrote:I do plan to host the livestream of the semis and finals again this year. It was a lot of fun, even if we got to see the same 5 vids like 20 times :D
:up:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:21 pm

Castor Troy wrote:vote for meh! :aimkissyface:
okay! :awesome:

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile