[AKROSS Con 2012] Aevum

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

[AKROSS Con 2012] Aevum

Post by AimoAio » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:15 am

This video has Fate/Zero spoilers so you should really watch F/Z first before watching this. (Trust me, Fate/Zero is so awesome you will not regret watching it!)

I wanted to try something different and thought dubstep would be a good idea but this was just horrible to edit. I actually started this project in July for NDK but I kept losing motivation to edit especially since the initial betas were absolutely terrible to watch. (As if it's not obvious enough I lost interest before midway.) So I'd like to say a huge thank you to Kain for encouraging me to finish it or it would have gone into the dump pile for sure. And also a huge thank you to all my beta testers for providing such helpful feedback! ^^
Spoiler :
I really need to work more on transitions....:uhoh:
Enjoy! :mrgreen:

OropherZero
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Aevum

Post by OropherZero » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:23 am

I'm assuming this is that crazy dubstep FS Zero AMV I saw earlier today =P good stuff. Now to the main point, can I please have a link to the wallpaper or image for that poster? =)

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:27 pm

I love your sync and scene selection <3 . Very nice quality and a very decent video overall. But it kinda lacks that dubstepish impact it could have IMO. Probably if you were more creative with transitions it could be better. Still, pretty decent, liked it :up: And it has a pretty high review ability, I must admit xD

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:04 pm

I don't like much music dubstep but,in overall not bad the video,Maybe the transitions could do better,however nice synch,scene selection,flow ect. :)
GL in the contest! ;)

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:16 pm

What a nice title you found for this :up:

You already know that I think it's pretty good. I'm loving all the coloring and the effects you put here. But the sync simply doesn't keep up with the music during the wobbly parts. I'm thinking this track is just begging for crazily overdone, perfectly timed sync and this video didn't quite deliver that. I just keep getting distracted by the million beats and sounds you missed. But I don't blame you since that would have taken an incredible amount of work. Besides not everyone is into that.

The place in the finals was definitely well deserved. No reason for you to dislike your own video here :D

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Great title! I like how this turned out. The coloring, as others have mentioned, is quite nice and really adds to the atmosphere. I kinda agree that the sync could have been more... intense (more stuff like the part at 2:34-2:35). Regardless, the scene selection is ace and the ending is moving. :up:

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:53 pm

I enjoyed this, and thought you did really well with it. The song started out really good, but when it picks up it just didn't hold up. I can imagine syncing to it must have been a nightmare. I don't see anything wrong with your editing, but didn't really like the song all that much.
I still think this is one of the better action amv's, so good luck. Wish you all the best!
OropherZero wrote: can I please have a link to the wallpaper or image for that poster? =)
http://www.animepaper.net/art/218586/th ... ed-victory

I don't think she used that wall, but just figured I'll link it since it's the same image.
Last edited by SeNniN on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bill Ein
Org Profile

Post by Bill Ein » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Aimo, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FbWVBiMoFI

P.S. Please don't hurt me. It's just a joke! Happy New Year! :mrgreen:

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:04 am

Very nice, May.
At first I was like "wait, isn't it kinda slow?" And then suddenly wild dubstep appears. :awesome:
ImageImage

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:31 pm

OropherZero wrote:I'm assuming this is that crazy dubstep FS Zero AMV I saw earlier today =P good stuff. Now to the main point, can I please have a link to the wallpaper or image for that poster? =)
Haha thanks, and I used the scan here: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/580608. Just cropped off the text, added filters etc.
Centurione wrote:I love your sync and scene selection <3 . Very nice quality and a very decent video overall. But it kinda lacks that dubstepish impact it could have IMO. Probably if you were more creative with transitions it could be better. Still, pretty decent, liked it :up: And it has a pretty high review ability, I must admit xD
Yeah I had a look at a lot of dubstep AMVs before this and the video is nothing like them. xD I didn't want to twitch and blur everything although I know I definitely could have did better transitions-wise. :\ But I'm just so lazy. T__T Thanks for watching though! ^^
Cecco wrote:I don't like much music dubstep but,in overall not bad the video,Maybe the transitions could do better,however nice synch,scene selection,flow ect. :)
GL in the contest! ;)
Yeah me neither, this song is like one of the few I actually can stand. xD Thanks Cecco! ^^
Emong wrote:What a nice title you found for this :up:

You already know that I think it's pretty good. I'm loving all the coloring and the effects you put here. But the sync simply doesn't keep up with the music during the wobbly parts. I'm thinking this track is just begging for crazily overdone, perfectly timed sync and this video didn't quite deliver that. I just keep getting distracted by the million beats and sounds you missed. But I don't blame you since that would have taken an incredible amount of work. Besides not everyone is into that.

The place in the finals was definitely well deserved. No reason for you to dislike your own video here :D
Oh I'm really glad you approve of the title. You don't know how long it took me to think of something else after you said The Clockmaker sounded kinda silly. xD And yeah I'm too inexperienced and lazy to do that much sync. I don't actually like rewatching this AMV to be honest, but thanks! :) Good job on your Chihayafuru AMV btw. ;D
irriadin wrote:Great title! I like how this turned out. The coloring, as others have mentioned, is quite nice and really adds to the atmosphere. I kinda agree that the sync could have been more... intense (more stuff like the part at 2:34-2:35). Regardless, the scene selection is ace and the ending is moving. :up:
Thanks Ryan! :D I got lazy after a while and just wanted this project done and away. xD
SeNniN wrote:I enjoyed this, and thought you did really well with it. The song started out really good, but when it picks up it just didn't hold up. I can imagine syncing to it must have been a nightmare. I don't see anything wrong with your editing, but didn't really like the song all that much.
I still think this is one of the better action amv's, so good luck. Wish you all the best!
Thank you! :D And yeah that was the worst part, I just didn't know what to do with the sync since I've never edited dubstep before. I was on the verge of giving up so many times. :sweat:
Bill Ein wrote:Aimo, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FbWVBiMoFI

P.S. Please don't hurt me. It's just a joke! Happy New Year! :mrgreen:

Pfft I'm nice, I don't do violence. :P The start kinda works then it kinda doesn't hold up. xD But Happy (late) New Year to you too! ^^
ibabrak wrote:Very nice, May.
At first I was like "wait, isn't it kinda slow?" And then suddenly wild dubstep appears. :awesome:
LOL thanks, it won't be an action entry without some fast parts! xD

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”