The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Calculating my expenses for next year, there are several *big* things I want to get (new car is #1) which may begin compromising convention plans.

I've been a homeowner for 6 months now and as awesome as it's been, it's equally as irritating (I had to blow over $100+ today on replacing/fixing broken crap in the house..). Now I always need to put emergency money aside if something breaks. :x

I'm pretty sure I can still make it to AX2013 (I already pre-regged and it's local) but I'm not sure if I can make AWA or Sakura Con even though I said I would be going.

After my fiasco with my late car registration fees and the fact that I still need to get Christmas presents, I'm not even sure I'll have enough money for Anime LA in 2 weeks. I'm sure I will if I budget, but alot happens in 2 weeks. :?

I'll be crossing my fingers that I can still go to Sakura con and AWA, but no guarantees.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:25 pm

God damn it, I'm sick. It happens very rarely with me, and this one is exceptional in that I have developed a fever - something that only happens once every five years or so, if that. I took some fever-reducing meds a few hours ago, but my temperature is still rising.

This wouldn't be relevant enough to post if not for the irony that it produced. The day prior, I was just joking with one of my co-workers that I have the immune system of a god. Oops, so much for that. :roll:

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:51 pm

That moment where you indirectly tell someone they're probably being laid off before they're officially told :/

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:09 am

Got some sense slapped into me from someone/thing unexpected. Took a while, but I finally realize some things.
ImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

From now on, I'm just going to link this any time someone on IRC/Skype/Wherever tries to argue with me about the value of feminism or about calling people out for sexist behavior:

From the artist:
kateordie wrote:
Sometimes I have the time and patience to get from an idea to a fully fleshed-out, penciled, inked and coloured comic.

Sometimes I don’t.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:17 am

Kate Leth is awesome. :up:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:29 am

Frustrated. I don't know how something so simple could get so complicated. How a simple duty can get so messed :/
Just e_e

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:58 am

This was the worst year of my life, I am a useless, unwanted excuse for a human being, and I can't think of a single thing that gives me any real happiness anymore.

Happy goddamn new year.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:31 am

Thread hasn't been posted in since last year... but I'm afraid I gotta break that :(

So, the popularity polls have started in my old school. I say old school because I had to transfer out a year ago :/ I'm still close to many of the people who go there though.

Anyway... My friend, who is in the yearbook staff, posted onto the senior group on Facebook that popularity polls are starting. People are supposed to post with nominations for ones who they think fit the categories. Now, I was excited to see who would be nominated, but when I read all the posts, I was disappointed and a bit annoyed. A bunch of my friends were nominating people for the categories, and it was everybody from the same "group". Some of the people don't even fit the category. A friend of mine was nominated for female best dressed, and while I agree that she dresses nice, there are a lot of other people who dress the exact same way. All the posts that were made by my friends in the "group" had a bunch of "likes". Then I saw a girl that I know, though not very well, try and nominate some of her friends, and there weren't very many "likes" on her posts. I find it really unfair that my friends are doing that. Yeah, I know they're "popularity" polls for a reason, but they should be fair and vote for others too. Not just ones inside the little circle. They should give others a chance too, considering they're just 20-30 students of the ~300-400 senior class.

I do love and associate myself with them, but sometimes the things they do are just... eh.

Since I was a bit annoyed at the nominations, I talked to some of my friends about it. Ones that aren't considered to be in "the group". Some of the things my friends said made me a bit uncomfortable, but it wasn't false.
Friend 1 wrote: I know all the Asian ppl are gonna win. Fuck them. No offense to you. I honestly dislike your friends. You're the only one I'm cool with beside ____. The rest are lil stuck up Asians thinking that they run the whole school.
Friend 2 wrote: If they get nominated over someone else not in their group, they're gonna get majority vote just by telling their group to vote for them. I hate them all together. Seperately, they're cool. They're mean as a group, they're all selective. They seem so opinionated on those who aren't in their group. When I walk towards their group during lunch, like the few I say hi to are cool, but the rest look at me like, "wtf who is she" kinda thing. It's what I notice, not saying it's all like that haha.
Bleh, I may seem like a bitch for saying these things about my friends, and it might seem like I'm trying to make myself look better than them, but whatever. I just wanted to vent this out.
ImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:40 am

I don't miss high school at all.

Return to “General Discussion”