Breath Of Life [Akross Con 2012]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
EllipseIris
Org Profile

Breath Of Life [Akross Con 2012]

Post by EllipseIris » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi All!
This was my entry for Akross con 2012.
Unfortunately I it did not get in the finals in first round, so I am hopelessly waiting for the votes:)
You can say god y again a video with this song, but I think it worths a watch, especially if you like the song. I think, the video and the content is fair, and gives a nicely renaissance feel, which makes it fit the song even more:)

I hope that you would like it <3 ^^

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Re: Breath Of Life [Akross Con 2012]

Post by Kyssifur » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:29 am

Copypaste from akross:

Renaissance. :) I really like this video and I must confess it's hard to write an unwarped opinion. I saw what everybody has written... the causeless use of fades, and I have to agree with all of them. I think the biggest inconvenience of this video is the excessive use of black fades. Too much of a good thing. Besides, don't forget to write about the other half of video. Impressive, grandiose, wonderful! It's over 90... oh, I didn't mean it... it's over 4 mins, almost 5, but it's totally enjoyable and engaging! I really love the colours you used, and the sync going through the whole video. I'd have wished much more hardcuts in it, but overall I have no problems with the fades. Border-line case! The beginning is simply awesome, especially the part from 0:20. I liked the way you played with velocity and the few moments of internal syncing. The mask at 1:52 is really clear and nice, and the "stop and go" at 2:15 is one of my favourite scenes! The inconspicuous "cut scenes" (2:23-2:29) fits very well in to the flow of the video. My favourite part is the one from 2:42. I don't know why, it's just simply awesome! Really nice and catchy ending makes this video by far one of the best in show IMO of this contest. Great flow from the beginning til the end, interesting, catchy music and anime combo, really really enjoyable AMV! I'd have watched it even more than 5 minutes, I didn't know that I like Shakespeare ;) <3

I love you Babycu!
we are awesome

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:05 am

O hey, it's here!

Still liking the fades here even though I also think they get too dark too often.

It's a shame you didn't make it to the finals. But there is always the next time |:> EDIT: and instead of "next time" I should have said "next voting" :D
Last edited by Emong on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

EllipseIris
Org Profile

Post by EllipseIris » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:36 am

Kyss: Love You <3
Emong: Thanks really, and yes, next time!:)

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:01 am

Wow, I was really excited when I saw what song/anime combo you used, and you didn't disappoint. You really nailed the song, the two worked perfectly together.

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:43 am

I like this, and I like the amount of fades f*** everyone xD

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:45 am

Being as this is one of the more overused Florence songs, I was actually surprised with this one because your sync for a lot of the parts was how I would have done it if I edited to this song. Even the fact that you used a lot of fades is something I would have done too, I've been a big sucker for fades recently. xD Though some things I would say is that I feel you hit the wrong mood at 1:12-1:28, it should have had more dramatic and angsty clips instead of the romantic scenes you used. Another thing is that you kinda lost it with the sync at around the 3 minute mark. Maybe you had time restrictions or something, but you could have picked up the pace for the final part of the video.

Regardless, it convinced me to finally watch this anime because it looks damn awesome xD Good work and good luck with the contest!

EllipseIris
Org Profile

Post by EllipseIris » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:20 am

Hagaren Viper: Thank you! It meant a lot getting so a positive feedback from you!:)
Mystyk: hehee f* everyone, fades ftw!!:DDD thanks for everything Heni, the beta testing and all.. <3
pacotacoshell: yess very overused, but couldn't help editing for it, this song is so gorge!!:3 I am really glad that you liked my editing even with the parts that you would have edited differently, and also that it finally made you watch the show. It is a very good anime, just don't forget to keep in mind, that this is still based on the original Romeo and Juliet (even if the plot has major changes) and do not expect happy end... im still laughing when i think of that i expected a happy ending from Romeo and Juliet anime :D

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”