Heart's Reason

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Magicflier
Org Profile

Heart's Reason

Post by Magicflier » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Video: Heart's Reason (Preview)
Category: Romance, Drama
Anime: Various (see page for full list)
Song: Shattered
Artist: Trading Yesterday
Creator: Magicflier (Bittersweet Temptations Studio)

This might probably be the first time I've posted something like this for any of my videos here, but i finally had a urge too. XD! Well anyway, i created this video as a dedication to most of the animes that aired in the Summer season of 2012. Just a simple edit, but my transitions probably turned out too showy. Nonetheless hope you guys enjoy watching! :uhoh:
Last edited by Magicflier on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Heart's Reason

Post by AimoAio » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:51 pm

I tend to stay away from videos with Trading Yesterday songs these days since they're so overdone but since it's you Bryan, I decided to give it a watch and it was pretty nice actually. :up: Some of the scenes didn't quite work in terms of mood but I guess they fit in their own way. The transitions were pretty cool though! ^^

And btw you can just put your video ID inside the vidid tags like this so you don't need to write out the info/links for it next time.

Code: Select all

[vidid]189258[/vidid]

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:05 am

AimoAio wrote:I tend to stay away from videos with Trading Yesterday songs these days since they're so overdone but since it's you Bryan, I decided to give it a watch and it was pretty nice actually. :up: Some of the scenes didn't quite work in terms of mood but I guess they fit in their own way. The transitions were pretty cool though! ^^
The action scenes and the scene gaps from school life to war life I'm guessing, but I just couldn't help it when my goal was to use many of the Summer animes in this video as promotion. Though thanks for your opinions Aimo, i'm happy to receive it!

oh, and there was such a shortcut... all my hard word i've been doing until now (╥﹏╥)/

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:58 pm

Sigh, sometimes I don't understand people. You really deserve more feedback.
I've followed you on youtube for a long time, and you are one of the consistently good editors. I quite enjoyed Something to hope for for the same reasons I enjoyed this one; It has the best pacing and "flow" you could ask for (really, no major flaws at all, and maybe two small ones, if I took the time to look hard), it's full of non-typical scenes for a multi-anime amv (usually openings and crap, etc.), the emotions from the scenes match the song's so well, it's really just perfect scene selection. It's nothing over complicated and that's why I like it most. People get too caught up in original concepts or whatever, so it's nice to see just a feel-good amv sometimes.

The only good amv with this song as well. (You ought to announce Just Being Everywhere too)
Great job as usual.
Image Image

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:09 am

I've seen this on youtube while back and quite enjoyed it. I really like your seasonal amvs <3
It's not your best work by far but it is still very enjoyable :wink:
ImageImage

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Taite wrote:Sigh, sometimes I don't understand people. You really deserve more feedback.
I've followed you on youtube for a long time, and you are one of the consistently good editors. I quite enjoyed Something to hope for for the same reasons I enjoyed this one; It has the best pacing and "flow" you could ask for (really, no major flaws at all, and maybe two small ones, if I took the time to look hard), it's full of non-typical scenes for a multi-anime amv (usually openings and crap, etc.), the emotions from the scenes match the song's so well, it's really just perfect scene selection. It's nothing over complicated and that's why I like it most. People get too caught up in original concepts or whatever, so it's nice to see just a feel-good amv sometimes.

The only good amv with this song as well. (You ought to announce Just Being Everywhere too)
Great job as usual.
This is one of the best comments I could ever hope to ask for, in cases like these I'm really honored to have gotten such a comment from a editor such as yourself! Thank you for your detailed feedback and comment on my video, it really helps me what others think and what should i change in the future to improve them. 8) I'm not really proud of "Just Being Everywhere" since I'm aware of the amount of flaws it has, but I might consider it.
ibabrak wrote:I've seen this on youtube while back and quite enjoyed it. I really like your seasonal amvs <3
It's not your best work by far but it is still very enjoyable :wink:
haha, thank you! 8)

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:12 pm

I don't really watch AMVs much anymore, but I decided to give this one a watch. I'm not gonna mention anything about the song, since somebody already did hahaha.

I felt some of the scenes were a bit out-of-place, such as at 0:28 where the girl kisses the pig. It was probably supposed to be a sweet and heartwarming scene in the anime, but it just looked silly to me. Another example would be 0:51.

I liked the transition at 1:07, but it was redundant after that. Btw, I don't know why, but I really liked the SAO part at 2:07, and the clip at 2:14. Magical :sorcerer:

Nice job :up:
ImageImage

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 am

This was epic! Ahhhhh, now I need to watch all of these anime. ;___;

And seriously, +1 for making Yuruyuri look dramatic in the slightest. xD

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Kimberly wrote:I don't really watch AMVs much anymore, but I decided to give this one a watch. I'm not gonna mention anything about the song, since somebody already did hahaha.

I felt some of the scenes were a bit out-of-place, such as at 0:28 where the girl kisses the pig. It was probably supposed to be a sweet and heartwarming scene in the anime, but it just looked silly to me. Another example would be 0:51.

I liked the transition at 1:07, but it was redundant after that. Btw, I don't know why, but I really liked the SAO part at 2:07, and the clip at 2:14. Magical :sorcerer:

Nice job :up:
Oh boy, so you also think that the girl kissing the pig scene is awkward as well, this is a problem xDDD I'm going to have to think twice about these abnormal scenes from a outsider's point of view when I edit my next seasonal amv in the future (I don't think I can exclude everything though, but I can confirm your view on that). Thank you for pointing all your likes and dislikes Kimberly, glad to hear your opinions :D
pacotacoshell wrote:This was epic! Ahhhhh, now I need to watch all of these anime. ;___;

And seriously, +1 for making Yuruyuri look dramatic in the slightest. xD
I'm making people curious about the Yuruyuri drama since the creation of this amv, I feel proud of myself hahaha
I don't recommend all these animes though, I can name you ones that i would recommend if you like, just leave me a message anytime :up:

Thanks for the comment Paco =w=b

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”