[AKROSS CON 2012] Glorium

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
Org Profile

[AKROSS CON 2012] Glorium

Post by [key]Scarlet » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:16 am

Plot: A long-time unsuccessful writer wants write a good novel. He starts writing, but finding inspiration it's really hard. Then, he comes up with an idea: but will it be the good one?

I've started this video just for fun, cause a long time was passed from my last video, and the will of editing was great. Therefore, Glorium was just a vent in the beginning, but the more I went ahead with the project, the more I liked the story behind it. I've finished in only seven days, but I'm pretty proud of the result.

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS CON 2012] Glorium

Post by -Kyros- » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:51 am

Really a great job :ying: transmits a really nice sense of epicness , I really liked the color and the selection of the scenes and I think your best after Die :D
:up:

[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
Org Profile

Post by [key]Scarlet » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Thank you, I'm glad you like it Ciro! ;)

Domius
Org Profile

Post by Domius » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:43 am

I like so much the contrast between the 2 stories, i loved the colorations(especially the blue). It's a very good job, the masks are perfect and i enjoyed so much the scenes from 1:28 to 1:29, they're just EPIC :ying:

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:25 am

Good job pame! :)
GL! |:>

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:19 am

i really liked the concept which combines aoi bungaku stories through the one with the writer. this idea is quite fresh.

therefore , two details :1- i think your choice to pick the lyrical version with the"serial killer" sequence don't fit at all, cause the song speaks about Europe wars and you make a character profile of a modern killer. it sounds very odd. but when he retries to write his novel, the other story fits a lot more. Maybe trying instrumental or having a more fitting anime for the first half would have been more appropriate.

2-Some cuts felt rough in manner of color difference. i would have prefered more fluid or innovative ways to change from the writer to the stories he writes. the concept made it possible, so it felt bit rushed in that matter.

to sum up, i found it like the ending: unfinished. but i had a good impression of what you wanted to try on this amv who is quite fine for the time you edited on it. i'll be glad to see your next one if you find the time to put all you want.

poke me on skype if you want more clarifications ;)

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:35 pm

It was nicely edited but seemed to lack something, perhaps it was mostly to do with the ending where the guy just got up and left. But it was enjoyable and I like it. Reminds me a lot of The Stage but with a different, unique spin to it. :) Good job! :up:

[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
Org Profile

Post by [key]Scarlet » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Domius wrote:I like so much the contrast between the 2 stories, i loved the colorations(especially the blue). It's a very good job, the masks are perfect and i enjoyed so much the scenes from 1:28 to 1:29, they're just EPIC :ying:
Thank you Dome, e poi qualcos'altro. :mrgreen:
Cecco wrote:Good job pame! :)
GL! |:>
Oh yeah thank you Biscotto! :arrow:
ProjectBarcodeError wrote:i really liked the concept which combines aoi bungaku stories through the one with the writer. this idea is quite fresh.

therefore , two details :1- i think your choice to pick the lyrical version with the"serial killer" sequence don't fit at all, cause the song speaks about Europe wars and you make a character profile of a modern killer. it sounds very odd. but when he retries to write his novel, the other story fits a lot more. Maybe trying instrumental or having a more fitting anime for the first half would have been more appropriate.

2-Some cuts felt rough in manner of color difference. i would have prefered more fluid or innovative ways to change from the writer to the stories he writes. the concept made it possible, so it felt bit rushed in that matter.

to sum up, i found it like the ending: unfinished. but i had a good impression of what you wanted to try on this amv who is quite fine for the time you edited on it. i'll be glad to see your next one if you find the time to put all you want.

poke me on skype if you want more clarifications ;)
Thank you very much for your detailed opinion, I'm glad you liked it 8-)
AimoAio wrote:It was nicely edited but seemed to lack something, perhaps it was mostly to do with the ending where the guy just got up and left. But it was enjoyable and I like it. Reminds me a lot of The Stage but with a different, unique spin to it. :) Good job! :up:
Glad to see your comment also here on the Org, I appreciate it. And thank you very much! |:>

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:53 pm

You already know my opinion. Good job on this, and good luck! ;)
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
Org Profile

Post by [key]Scarlet » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:32 am

diegao94 wrote:You already know my opinion. Good job on this, and good luck! ;)
Thank you Diegago!! :jester:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”