okay, so there's this new animecon coming to my city and atm they have no plans of doing an amv contest but they have panel submissions and idfkjasdflksjdf idk how this crap works in the slightest, it looks pretty barren atm so maybe they're just looking for new content or somethinghttp://sabakucon.com/
that's the con. So pretty much...i was gonna submit and then try to make everything work, but then i thhought about shit i would need if i was gonna do it, like would i need to supply my own projector and tables and shit or do they have that stuff or would they get it for me and BAFLSDKFJSD
SO I REALLY WANT TO BRING AN AMV CONTEST TO MY CITY, I THINK THAT WOULD BE INSANELY BADASS, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT GOES INTO IT, AND THEN I WAS LIKE "WELL FUCK, I'VE GOT THE GREATEST AMV COMMUNITY IN THE HISTORY OF HOSDFIJ AT MY FINGERTIPS! AND THEY SPECIALIZE IN CONVENTIONS! FUCK YEAH!" so yeah, idk...if you could just give me some info on some things that'd be lovely, any bit of info helps, stuff like...
1. What do i need to provide myself?
2. What's the best way to get them to consider an amv contest/exhibition as a panel at all
3. Should it be a contest or just an exhibition?
4. This is the first ever sabakucon here, and its in april, is there not enough time to get one together?
5. You guys would send me some vids right, riiight?
6. What's the hardest part about getting this shit done right?
7. Do i need mad connections? I know a guy who has a girl who apparently has some sort of connection to the administration, so hopefully that could be enough.
8. What are the chances of them even reading my e-mail?
9. Should i just be e-mailing admins instead of posting here and annoying you all?
10. How many judges do i need? it says 4 panelists including myself would be allowed 1 day passes for the event, so i'm guessing like 4 judges unless some attendees that i might know would like to help out. So would i need more than 4 or 4 is fine? And on that note, how do you go about selecting judges? I was just thinking a couple friends of mine that like amvs/music, but their opinions on amvs probably suck...but does that even matter? I'm not really aiming for a high quality contest or anything, i mean i'll do my best but i won't fool myself into thinking it'll be anything more than showing some amvs and some people pickin their faves orr something...
11. Do i need good stage presence/radiovoice? If i don't have one of those should i find someone who does?
12. Do any of you live nearby and want to help out? because that would be the bo-bobobo-boooooommmbbbbbb!!!!!!!!
13. One day/one panel is enoughh right? idk if some bigger cons take more than 1 day to do theirs but it's certainly doable in just one panel right? Maybe we judge beforehand, and then just show the amvs, and then ask the audience/replay the winners, etc.
i realllllyyyyyy want this to work out, soooooo badly......please help!