Project Editor TTT: Finale [Champions Will be Crowned)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Project Editor TTT: Finale [Champions Will be Crowned)

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:48 pm

(Click to enlarge)

The deadline is set for January 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM CST.

Finale Videos

Team Re-Blended Corndog Nightmare's "Neuromancer"

Team Wake Up's "Neverland"
-----------------------------

-----

Re-Blended CDN VS Wake Up
Theme Challenge: Each decade in history is represented by its own set of culture and music. As such, there are countless sources of inspiration to be had, and there is more than enough history for our finalists to go through! For this round of the contest, each team must select a decade in history (any decade!) and create an AMV inspired by that decade's culture and historical significance. Songs/anime do not necessarily have to come from that decade, for clarification (since it's possible to pick years early in history as inspiration that do not have available music/anime).

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Re: Project Editor TTT: Finale [Champions Will be Crowned)

Post by irriadin » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:11 pm

Can we pick future decades?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:13 pm

irriadin wrote:Can we pick future decades?
Now that is an interesting question. :uhoh:

I'm going to say no, since there are plenty of ages to choose from, and this isn't a "predict the future" kind of challenge, although I do like that idea for future contests. :wink:

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:02 am

Code, please, this is the final.
Allow them to if it helps them to create something better, I want his final to be as good as possible!

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:26 am

I had the same question as Irriadin after reading the challenge, and I have to agree with MimS: editors must have more freedom of choices, since that theme is quite a difficult one. If I was to compete in the final, what would I possibly show... medieval scenery and swordfights, or maybe portray the 40's with some grand warzone... I hope the two teams will do their best, it's the final battle after all!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:44 am

Doing the future totally goes out of the "culture and historical significance" zone, since you're just trying to predict what could happen. And the video itself would end up being no different than if you did it for another decade in a past century without actually trying to make something interesting. What are you going to do, show spaceships in late 2100 instead of trains in late 1800? I'd expect something more original from the finalists...
I'll just leave you with something to think about: godix said somewhere (can't find where it was) that he believed Skittles was inspired by 60s ads/pop-art. Now, I'm not sure if Koop ever confirmed or denied this, but try to take the history and culture to wider meanings. For example, if I were to do a video about Italy in the 30s, I'd totally ignore the fascism and try to represent Istituto Luce and Cinecittà by making a video that represents how the introduction of cinema in the country actually affected the decade itself and the decades to come, too.
Please do think outside the box, you're finalists. Theme limits are only limits if you make them be so, you should take them as an enhancement to furthen your competitive spirit and work harder to get better ideas out there. I mean, people say the Nuzlocke Challenge is better than a normal playthrough, so that must mean something. :ying:
Like MimS, I'd obviously love to see better videos. But I don't think easening the theme challenge would be a solution. At most I'd give out extra time to work the theme out, but I don't think it's a necessity. I mean, the best videos would be made if we gave complete freedom with a "do whatever you want" theme, but what's the challange anymore? It's not Project Editor for nothing. |:>

MagicDarkLight
Org Profile

Post by MagicDarkLight » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:37 am

My opinion is that now they've come so far, that means they're quite good already so let's have them fight for real, what's with a complicated theme like that for a big finale? Now it's "who will have the better idea" rather than "who will do the best amv" it's not how a contest should be in my opinion.

But yeah, as Mirko said, I guess it fits Project Org Editor stuff :rofl:
Sora to Kasai

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:47 am

I'm going to stick with my decision, since mirkoSP basically hit my line of thinking on the head. There are so many awesome periods of history to go through, I can't imagine that there's not enough material that would require going into the future and creating one's own culture. It also goes outside the bounds of the challenge that the theme team created, since the purpose of the challenge was to revisit history and utilize anime/music in a way that would reflect the cultures of the past and bring it to life in AMV form.

But like I said, that seems like an awesome challenge that I'll want to implement at some point. ;)

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:49 pm

So it begins

Domius
Org Profile

Post by Domius » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:15 am

we say in italy: "LOTTA DURA SENZA PAURA" GOGOGOGOGOGOGO WAKE UP :bzz2: :bzz: :bzz2: :bzz:

Return to “Project Editor: Tag Team Trials”