Continuing the Disney MEP lineage in its fourth installment, the Disney MEP hopes to continue its combination of the magical Disney music with the footage of anime, creating a "feature presentation" for audiences to watch and enjoy. A combination of anime fandom with the childhood nostalgia/love for the magic of Disney.
General Info & Expected Conduct.
1) I encourage everyone to be involved in the beta testing process of their peers as tracks and the compilation comes in. The list to view betas can be found below. Be constructive and give advice on improvements, but don't be downright mean/rude. That's unacceptable, and I will not tolerate it.
2) Have fun and be polite. The Disney MEP staff usually has a very friendly atmosphere and good working conditions, while still providing constructive feedback and producing high quality work. Don't be "That Guy".
3) While deadlines are flexible, I expect work to be FINISHED by the final deadline. You have 5+ months. You have no excuse to wait until the last week.
4) There will likely be periods of inactivity, since this is a long term product, and I have periods of time that I'm dedicated to my own seasonal job. Don't worry/fear. Our busy time is usually January/February and then right at the deadline. It's not unusual to go a week without posts.
5) I WILL NOT post the finished product until everyone has had their input. I WILL do everything in my ability as the coordinator and compiler to ensure that everyone is happy with the feature presentation.
1) Songs/music must be chosen from a Disney animated feature film, or from an iconic Disney features. A list has been provided for you here. Songs used in the third Disney MEP are banned.
2) Any anime [other than Ponyo] are acceptable, provided that they do not depict anything that violates the a-m-v.org standards of upload.
3) Once an anime has been claimed, it cannot be claimed by another, unless utilized in a multi-source fashion. Anime with extremely long series/arcs can be used more than once, provided that editors coordinate to not re-use scenery.
Betas: MP4 Format Via ZarxGui264
Final: Lagarith/UT Lossless AVI OR MP4 Lossless
Footage should be in good/acceptable quality. No interlacing, watermarks, studio logos, frame blending, etc. Clean your footage!
While veterans already know this, I'd like to take the stand right now for newer editors involved that if you send me your final in an incorrect format, I WILL convert whatever you send me into the above format. This can and most likely will result in your track being off-sync by a few milliseconds (which would happen anyway if I put it into the timeline as is). It might also result in quality degradation. If you do not want this to happen, PUT IT IN THE RIGHT FORMAT WHEN YOU START! While this should be only a short mention, it's happened every year without fail.
To Claim a Track
1) Check to make sure that your song has not already been taken below. Use CTRL+F, since it's a long list.
2) Check to make sure that your anime has not already been taken below. Use CTRL+F, since it's a long list.
3) Your song isn't in the Disney MEP III.
4) Does the footage you want to use look good and meet technical standards?
5) If you meet the above criteria, fill out the info sheet as it is presented here. What you type will be in the end credits, so make sure to spell it right for my sanity's sake!:
Proof of Concept: February 24th
Full Beta: April 28th
Final Deadline: June 3rd
Proof of Concept: I want to see a portion of your track edited, preferably the chorus. This just lets me know that you're going to go through with your idea.
Full Beta: I want to see your entire track edited. No matter how rough!
Final Deadline: I want to have your finished product!
Track & Track Status
Read under the spoiler for member information. Only read if you're part of the MEP and need to know the relevant information.