This Could Be Awesome, Or Awesomely Painful

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

This Could Be Awesome, Or Awesomely Painful

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:52 pm

So I've decided to do this in April. God help me, I should probably be questioning my sanity at this point...

Spoiler :
Still got a long way to go, but I'm only concerned with finishing in under three hours this year.

Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: This Could Be Awesome, Or Awesomely Painful

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:41 pm

I'm in the military and the farthest I've ever run is between 7 and 8 miles (actually running, no walking). I honestly have no desire to run any farther, if I every have to run further than that in combat conditions (which means i'll be in full battle rattle) then I'm just going to consider myself screwed lol.

But good luck to you, if you got the drive then go for it, just make sure you got a hot shower ready and the next day off from work, else you'll be limping around all day.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:42 am

Oh I'm sure I won't be running the entire way. But as long as I keep under 15:00/mile, I won't have the streets opening back up on me, lol! And I'm on broadcast mix duty the following day, so I can sit down. :)

I'll probably be using RunKeeper Live that day if anyone cares to follow. I'll post the info a few days beforehand.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:31 am

Goodluck, personally I find it if I do actual running continously for 6km, my legs get a sudden boost of energy allowing me to go for another 4km at a pretty good speed. Hope you get the same feel. Another thing which I did was do hundreds times tables along my last 2km every time so e.g, 353x133, you don't have to be right but atleast try them, they are really good distractions on your tiredness.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:35 pm

I always take my ipod shuffle for long runs with a bunch of inspirational and gung ho songs. gets me hyped up and helps take my mind off the pain

Return to “General Discussion”