Crescendo [Tag Team Trials: Round 3] TLPSL&S3WE

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Re: Crescendo [Tag Team Trials: Round 3] TLPSL&S3WE

Post by FarmXD » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Farm part it's very bad done, because Farm waited for the last hours to do it
because he was sick :|

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:20 am

very very nice editing, however....
I think that the first part was mainly just "pretty scenes" with text, and if the text wasn't there, I might not have understood it, the second part teaches us more in my opinion, because of the drugs and such, but I don't remember it showing the result of using drugs? (even though I just watched it lol) well the third part isn't so educational either (just like the first one) but at least it wasn't just pretty scenes :P and I think the third part was fine for editing *pats Farm* overall the editing was really really good, but I think it's not the text that should tell us something, the point is that the video otself teaches us something without text >.< but nice job anyway :3

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:06 am

MystykAMV wrote:but I think it's not the text that should tell us something, the point is that the video otself teaches us something without text >.< but nice job anyway :3
Agreed :up:
Thank you!

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:21 am

MystykAMV wrote:overall the editing was really really good, but I think it's not the text that should tell us something, the point is that the video otself teaches us something without text >.< but nice job anyway :3
x2. I did like the text though, but I felt like there was too much text. Especially in the first part, where it goes by quickly because I was trying to focus on both the scene and the text at the same time, and failed miserably in a few sections. I was also partial with your scene selection. At times I felt like you nailed it, and other times I felt the scene didn't quite match the mood/feel of the text. My suggestion would have been to keep it more abstract and only choosing a few prominent scenes to overlay with text and try to strengthen the text's theme with more scenes. (Eg. "to laugh" + more laughing scenes instead of just one and then moving to "to believe" and skipping the not so strong themes.)

I liked the contrast of the second track and how it shows us that not everything in anime is all smiles and pretty rainbows. Because this is also true for life. Again I do like the text addition but they're delivered in huge blocks and some of it isn't very clear/goes by too quickly for me to comprehend how you're trying to link it with the video. (Like at 1:48 the blurring was too long)

And the last track, my favourite track. What I got from the video was that the boy is a manga artist who has some sort of illness. Due to this illness he's losing hope in life and his imagination is gradually decreasing. But what saves him is his dream of being an artist because an artist is someone who puts their imagination to paper. And you conveyed dreams as being very beautiful and vivid (by using eden & ef since they're well known "pretty" scenes) because dreams can be a form of imagination and imagination is limitless and it's the dream that gives him power to keep going.

At least that's what I think. :sweat: But you know, I could be wrong. The editing was done pretty well and I liked the way you integrated the pretty scenes with Bakuman. :)

Anyway I really enjoyed the video as a whole. It felt very new and refreshing. Good work you three! :up:

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:07 am

AimoAio wrote:
And the last track, my favourite track. What I got from the video was that the boy is a manga artist who has some sort of illness. Due to this illness he's losing hope in life and his imagination is gradually decreasing. But what saves him is his dream of being an artist because an artist is someone who puts their imagination to paper. And you conveyed dreams as being very beautiful and vivid (by using eden & ef since they're well known "pretty" scenes) because dreams can be a form of imagination and imagination is limitless and it's the dream that gives him power to keep going.
You really really got it all o:!
I'm glad :D thank you for that.
I'm sad because it could be better but for time issues I edited very quick and
the result wasn't the best :uhoh:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”