What are your computer specs?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: What are your computer specs?

Post by ngsilver » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:53 pm

I made a post a while back in the editing rig thread that basically answers this question (the PC specs part) here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 5#p1368015

There have been some updates since then, so here's the new specs:

AMD Phenom II 1055T
Gigabyte MB with AM3, USB3, SATA3 (8 ports :D), imbeded ATI Radeon HD 4290 (their info said 5870 onboard but my system reports 4290... huh...)
16GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz RAM (4 4gig sticks)
Saphire AMD Radion 6800 Seriese GPU with Eyefiniti (currently powers 2 Acer 23" monitors on my desk and my 35" LCD TV behind my chair for video viewing, livestreams, and the occasional showing off my editing projects to myself and friends direct from Premier)
80GB Intel SSD (x2)
2TB Seagate HDD (x4)
Thermaltake Speedo Case w/ Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
Ultra X4 Modular 750Watt PSU

My sound card is Technically my Numark M1 USB DJ mixer board. It allows me to also capture my audio output. Probably the cleanest audio I've ever had as every PC I've had that I used onboard audio introduced ground hum along with vibration hum into the output line. Moving the card away from the system and going full digital (as the Numark uses a USB connection using ASIO drivers) ended that issue. Now I have tactile control over my volume, gain, bass, treble, ect...

Newer sound cards don't have this much of a problem and if you have a home theater receiver that you plug the HDMI from your PC into it'll also do the digital out to that through the video card (I use this on my home theater PC) and you can setup bitstream passthrough to allow you to send DTS HD and Dolby Digital HD right to the receiver and get full surround out from your PC (if you're playing a video source that has that.) But yeah, for most people I'd agree with Pwolf and recommend going with just the onboard audio. You really only need to go into special audio cards and what not if you are planning to go into pro audio type stuff.
ImageImageImageImage

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:46 pm

If you're looking at a GTX card. I have a GTX 580 that wouldn't read in my motherboard, because it turns out my board is only compatible with ATI cards (even though everyone else who has my board runs them just fine). The card works fine as I have tested it in my friends computer back when we were trying to figure out why it wouldn't read. So I ended up having to buy a new card. I'm looking to sell it for around $200... if your interested pm me... if not cool once I get my new monitor for Christmas and I no longer need the adapter that came from the GTX card to use my monitor with the ATI card I'll just list it on ebay, but if your looking for a higher end gaming card, the offer is out there.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:49 pm

animefreak00007 wrote:because it turns out my board is only compatible with ATI cards.
I doubt it.

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Pwolf wrote:
animefreak00007 wrote:because it turns out my board is only compatible with ATI cards.
I doubt it.
That's what my friend and I said, we tried his card in my board and nothing, ATI cards are the only thing it will read. We tried disabling the on board, updating bios, using a newer monitor, but the motherboard will not acknowledge that the card is installed. We even tried just trying to install the drivers without it acknowledging the card, and as we expected it told us it couldn't detect the necessary hardware(ie the graphics card don't remember the exact message but it basically said that the card wasn't installed so it couldn't install the drivers) We eventually just gave up.
However we found plenty of people on forums that were using the same motherboard with GTX cards that said theirs were working. So I pretty much got a faulty motherboard from ASUS, who make it impossible to get in contact with them... kind of feels like they're just avoiding the issue.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:55 am

@Nunusaur, if you're wanting really good speakers in the future, you definitely want an audio interface instead of one of those cards. Get something like this:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlett2i2

And you can route your Ableton/FLstudio/whatever DAW you're using through that. Has outputs for professional studio monitors as well. Depends on how many input/outputs and what types you need, but I would definitely spend the money on this before I'd go for one of the gaming audio cards. This is going to give you an "uncolored" sound, which is essential for monitoring audio mixing/music production.

Nunusaur
Org Profile

Post by Nunusaur » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:51 pm

I'd like to thank everyone for the help, I really appreciate it! My PC's already been built. About 10 years of putting up with an old, extremely laggy PC has finally paid off. *Cracks knuckles* Now to begin editing.

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:11 am

Desky
Intel I7 2600k O.C 4.0 Ghz
16 Gig Under Clocked 1800 Mhz ram crashes when put at 2100 q.q
Asus GTX 580 O.C 1.5 gig
2 x acer 1080p LCD 23in
Asrock Gen 3
850 Corsair Psu gold cert
Blue Ray 16x lg
SD/CF roswill card reader
Coolmaster Haf X
Noctua D10

Lappy:
i7 ivy bridge 2.8 with turbo boost up to 3.6
16 gigs ram
Gtx 670m 3 gig
Blu Ray 16x
Other fun stuff like light up keyboard.
Its an Asus R.O.G G50 I think good lappy.
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:44 pm

Going to be installing a new GPU soon.

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20GHz 28 °C
Clarkdale 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0T568R (CPU 1) 22 °C
Graphics
DELL ST2310 (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics
Hard Drives
932GB Western Digital WDC WD1001FAES-75W7A0 (RAID) 31 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

aerotem