Termina [Tag Team Trials: Round 3] by "Wake Up" team

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Termina [Tag Team Trials: Round 3] by "Wake Up" team

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:35 am

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZc0mTNbuos

[Banner coming later]

Here's our entry for the semi-finals of Tag Team Tournament. (all other 3 members had issues or exams)

Theme: Education is always an important thing in life, and anime has plenty of lessons to provide us with. From the gallons of blood theory to the amazing physics that we are provided with, there is plenty to learn from the world of anime! What can you and your team teach us? Each team must create an AMV that teaches us something. What you wish to teach us? Well, this is completely up to you and how you present your material! The team that best does a job of teaching us something (alongside the other judging criteria) shall move on to the final round of the tournament!

To sum up, the concept was the respect of nature and what happens when you destroy it for sake of industrialization.

Plot: police search for cure of an epidemic and finds data telling the cure was a flower who got extinct after a massive industrial war. Thus begin a hunt to find the last vial of serum.

PBE (New World)
Tracks: 1 - 3 - 5

Cecco (Old World)
Tracks: 2 - 4 -Outro

Well... hope you'll like it ;)

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Re: Termina [Tag Team Trials: Round 3] by "Wake Up" team

Post by -Kyros- » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:24 pm

I liked it :bear:
you've been good to pursue a theme that suggests :D , as I had said during the beta testing I like the references to dishonored :ying:
GL :up:

Shiver
Higurashiver
Org Profile

Post by Shiver » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:44 pm

veery good! :up:

Domius
Org Profile

Post by Domius » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:18 pm

I love SO SO SO SO much the contrast of the coloured parts and black and monochrome parts :up:
i don't understand the end of the video, but i think that it is a good video, i liked it!

I appreciated the effort of having dealt with an important issue (that is to say nature - man - war - death)in your video, Good Guys :awesome:

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:22 am

good job guys!!! really well done with putting together these parts, they blended really well, sometimes the editing could have been better, and it was very dark, and I also don't understand the end xD but even the 2 of you did a really good job :3

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:56 am

Good job guys, it was really solid!
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:03 am

nicely done

S.A. Robert
Org Profile

Post by S.A. Robert » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:11 am

Awesome :3

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:41 am

Thanks very much guys! :)

MagicDarkLight
Org Profile

Post by MagicDarkLight » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi!

The result look pretty nice imo, it's a solid work, well I didn't understand anything about the story but the atmosphere was ok and the big ideas were easy to get (the ancient and new world, the end of the world, the importance of the flower...) so everything's cool!

On a more technical side, I think your biggest problem wasn't because of you but more because of your choice of music. I usually don't blame about the music, but since it's a competition we're talking about, I think you needed at least two parts like the last one, the music itself has a lack of power, we're waiting for something to happen and when it finally happens it's really short. But, that's not the only issue and here I'm talking about PBE's last track, I told you already but you should have used an effet like a fast flow of scenes with a cookie cutter or a twitch or whatever. Maybe with a stronger pace you could have arrived at the same result but as it is now, the part really lacked in rythm to me, it should have been more explosive, as a great and unexpected finale!! Ok xD

Otherwise, about the HUD, it's good to make them look really clean and HD but the point is to fit the other sources and here I think you should have lowered the quality of the effects or rather blurred them sometimes. But it's a detail. And yeah I know some of those opening sources are coming from my personal collection but since they weren't all in perfect quality, it could have been cleaned up a little bit (and pale cocoon scenes especially).

But yeah, in the end, the editing was good, the concept was interesting and made the transitions between the parts really look natural, to me the change in colors didn't shock at all since I've got what you meant by it (and the transition was well done anyways). So yeah, just the problem that there's no real conclusion in term of rythm, otherwise I really liked it! Good job to both of you and good luck!
Sora to Kasai

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”