Petal [AKROSS 2012]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
iheartsable
Org Profile

Re: Petal [AKROSS 2012]

Post by iheartsable » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:55 am

So pretty! I love the music and the colors. Gave it a dream-like feel. Though without reading the description....I didn't get it at all. But still was a pleasure to watch.

Will91Ber
Org Profile

Post by Will91Ber » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:20 am

One of my favorites in 2012. So simple, yet so beautiful.

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:02 pm

iheartsable wrote:So pretty! I love the music and the colors. Gave it a dream-like feel. Though without reading the description....I didn't get it at all. But still was a pleasure to watch.
I'll try to improve on my story-telling if when making another video of this type in future. Thanks a lot!
Will91Ber wrote:One of my favorites in 2012. So simple, yet so beautiful.
:ying: :ying: :ying: :ying: :ying: :ying: <3

You know what? I've always wanted for my announcement thread to have more than 2 pages :up:
<3 for ya

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:11 pm

bombush wrote:First of all: Awesome job! :up:

Now that I got that out of my system, let's get a little more specific...

I loved every bit of the video, including the story. With the recent abundance of crossover videos with tight storytelling following pretty much the same pattern of unrequited/tragic love, what you did felt like a breath of fresh air. A storytelling video built solely on emotions, a mystery but unpretentious amv. I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea but the vague storytelling was precisely what made the atmosphere so strong. I actually even felt that the photo frame at the end was telling too much, and since it is a very concrete and in crossover videos overused object it felt kind of disrupting to the whole mystery atmosphere.
x2. I loved the mystery aspect of it at the start because I didn't know what the girl was. Just a random angel? Someone he knew? Or maybe it was all his imagination? Could have been any of those. It was only after I saw the photo frame, that I realized that the girl was dead so it shortened all those options to just one. Which then left me wondering for a while what their relationship was cause originally I thought she was an angel of death who came to take his life away because he had done something bad and was waiting for his time to end. (hence the clocks) xD

Still it had a fantastic atmosphere. <3 The colouring was gorgeous, the lighting was a bit strong at a few parts but it looked mostly good to me. Very nice! I loved it! ^^ :up:

Aresshiachan
Org Profile

Post by Aresshiachan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:13 am

when I read einaudi, it was enough for me, I love it! <3
I really enjoyed the video, especially the fastest part! good luck for akross :)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”