Petal [AKROSS 2012]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Re: Petal [AKROSS 2012]

Post by Shinzui IT » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:01 am

Nicely done :up:

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:39 am

I'm not very clear concept, but you did a really good job :awesome:
good luck for the contest :jester:

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Its hard to make an instrumental AMV and keep it interesting enough for me to watch from start to finish. I managed to watch it all, good vibe and some nice technical work. :up:
Oh my. Thanks, it means quite a lot to me :ying:
nihilant01 wrote:Stunning amv.
I love blue and sparkling videos, and the plot is quite easy to understand, even if it could be told better: it would have been more interesting if you showed what kind of relationship there was between the boy and the "ghost" girl.
However I really enjoyed this, it's not easy to combine different sources that good. Good luck for the contest!
Thank you so much! Blue and sparkles has always been *.*. About the relationship... read my post above xD. Thanks once again!
Theredflash66 wrote:Nicely done :up:
Thanks!
-Kyros- wrote:I'm not very clear concept, but you did a really good job :awesome:
good luck for the contest :jester:
I wrote about the story thing above^^. I'm glad you liked it anyway :ying:

As I needed some break with studying, I've done a fast 'making of'. Aspect ratio is bad but, oh well, need to get back to studying.
MAKING OF PETAL

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Since I've been praising you during beta-testing, here's what's more I have to say:
Spoiler :
Great, great job Eve :up: Best of luck on Akross, go kick some ass! :awesome:
(and get back to your TTT part, now!)

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:19 pm

<3
So... do You want cookie as a reward ? :dino:
Still better than that MMO.

bombush
Org Profile

Post by bombush » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:00 am

First of all: Awesome job! :up:

Now that I got that out of my system, let's get a little more specific...

I loved every bit of the video, including the story. With the recent abundance of crossover videos with tight storytelling following pretty much the same pattern of unrequited/tragic love, what you did felt like a breath of fresh air. A storytelling video built solely on emotions, a mystery but unpretentious amv. I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea but the vague storytelling was precisely what made the atmosphere so strong. I actually even felt that the photo frame at the end was telling too much, and since it is a very concrete and in crossover videos overused object it felt kind of disrupting to the whole mystery atmosphere.

Anyways... loved it!

EDIT: just please don't make your storytelling too easy to understand. I want to see more videos like this one^^

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Awesome centu!
Good luck!

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:18 am

Everyone is abusing Oreki... Poor Chitanda ;___;

MagicDarkLight
Org Profile

Post by MagicDarkLight » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:51 am

I liked it, the blue feeling is cool, the implementation of the different animes and how you managed to make it burst when the music finally takes off :D Could have been smoother and cleaner at some parts but it was ok overalls. Good job and good luck in Akross!
Sora to Kasai

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:18 am

Animated wrote:Since I've been praising you during beta-testing, here's what's more I have to say:
Spoiler :
Great, great job Eve :up: Best of luck on Akross, go kick some ass! :awesome:
(and get back to your TTT part, now!)
Shhhhhhhh... I didn't do it in Paint... :oops:

Thanks.
You'd better send me your part now!
Milk Or Life! wrote:<3
So... do You want cookie as a reward ? :dino:
I want a whole cake.
bombush wrote:First of all: Awesome job! :up:

Now that I got that out of my system, let's get a little more specific...

I loved every bit of the video, including the story. With the recent abundance of crossover videos with tight storytelling following pretty much the same pattern of unrequited/tragic love, what you did felt like a breath of fresh air. A storytelling video built solely on emotions, a mystery but unpretentious amv. I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea but the vague storytelling was precisely what made the atmosphere so strong. I actually even felt that the photo frame at the end was telling too much, and since it is a very concrete and in crossover videos overused object it felt kind of disrupting to the whole mystery atmosphere.

Anyways... loved it!

EDIT: just please don't make your storytelling too easy to understand. I want to see more videos like this one^^
Oh my thank you soo much <3 You don't know how glad I am you liked and understood it so much! :ying:
About future projects, well, I suppose I'll do them just the way I want xD
Cecco wrote:Awesome centu!
Good luck!
Thanks! And same for you :awesome:
Nya-chan Production wrote:Everyone is abusing Oreki... Poor Chitanda ;___;
He's just too smexy for that girl :ying:
MagicDarkLight wrote:I liked it, the blue feeling is cool, the implementation of the different animes and how you managed to make it burst when the music finally takes off :D Could have been smoother and cleaner at some parts but it was ok overalls. Good job and good luck in Akross!
Thanks! I'll do my best to make 'cleaner' stuff in future since now I see what's wrong about it. Thanks once again! :D

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”