Go

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Go

Post by ngsilver » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:27 am

Go.
It is a video.
It is one that I had to do.
I just couldn't not do it.
It was done with a purpose.
It was done for a reason.
Its message had to be said.
In the end.
After all is said and done.
It all makes sense.
Go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah, Go is a video I originally started working on for AWA's Professional contest this year. There has been a lot of work done to it since then in order to make the video what I wanted it to be. Give it a watch. And for those of you interested, there is a textless version as well as the AWA version available on my distro site.

ImageImageImageImage

OropherZero
Org Profile

Re: Go

Post by OropherZero » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:23 am

i like the vid, not sure if i agree with the words though.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:47 pm

By not agreeing with the words, are you meaning the interpretation of them, the way they were done, or that they existed at all?
ImageImageImageImage

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:32 pm

.. quite possibly .. too long !???
nice timing on the words ^__^
but I felt like I was watching a slideshow.

idea: sometimes, when you run out of moving/flowing scenes,
it is better to have them "fade" into the next scene -- rather
than just cutting from one jump to the next ^__^ - - just an idea :sweat:

DazedTheory
Org Profile

Post by DazedTheory » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:14 pm

That was good it didn't amaze me. I agree with post-it it was kinda like a slide show. I'm looking forward to your next vid! :D
--------------------------
Profile Twitter Youtube

PSN - DazedFury

kyle_m
Org Profile

Post by kyle_m » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:44 pm

NICE MARMOT BRO :up:

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:14 pm

Even with the extended length, this still didn't feel that long. I liked the director's cut a lot better than the version you had for AWA pro. I still don't care much for the text, but it bugged me a lot less in this version.
ImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:16 am

post-it wrote:.. quite possibly .. too long !???
nice timing on the words ^__^
but I felt like I was watching a slideshow.

idea: sometimes, when you run out of moving/flowing scenes,
it is better to have them "fade" into the next scene -- rather
than just cutting from one jump to the next ^__^ - - just an idea :sweat:
I didn't exactly run out of footage, to the contrary I had a lot more footage then I had time for. The style of the video, using jump cuts, was used to tell the story of how the character gets from point to point in the story arch of the video. I don't feel that using fading would have worked well in the video, which is why I didn't use many crossfades and rather used hard cuts. The fades would have made the video feel too smooth, and I wanted it to feel jarring. The video's story is of inner turmoil which is something I wouldn't describe as smooth. It's a nice idea, but the idea I don't think would have fit with the music and invoke the proper feelings.
DazedTheory wrote:That was good it didn't amaze me. I agree with post-it it was kinda like a slide show. I'm looking forward to your next vid! :D
I'm not sure looking forward to my next video is a good thing or not....
kyle_m wrote:NICE MARMOT BRO :up:
:beer: :pizza:
drewaconclusion wrote:Even with the extended length, this still didn't feel that long. I liked the director's cut a lot better than the version you had for AWA pro. I still don't care much for the text, but it bugged me a lot less in this version.
I always expected there to be contention with the text, and with my vision for the video requiring the text to be in some ways a little unsettling and not subtle, many other editors would find problems with it as I would be breaking one of the many 'rules' of AMV making by drawing your attention away from the video underneath. I also know many people have personal preferences (of course in the case of a few of my beta testers, more like prejudices) regarding text and don't like any video using it. Hence the textless version. I really do wish I would have had the time to complete this director's cut in time for Pro, but it is what it is. For me the video honestly feel quite short. But I'm used to listening to music that often is upwards of 10+ mins long so I have a hard time really judging what is too long and what not.

Either way, I do appreciate the comments.
ImageImageImageImage

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:57 am

very nice, I enjoyed every bit of it. I love that you stuck with an old style and great selection. The texts felt as if the wind was blowing them, very nice.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Theredflash66 wrote:very nice, I enjoyed every bit of it. I love that you stuck with an old style and great selection. The texts felt as if the wind was blowing them, very nice.
Interesting interpretation for the movement of the text. Not how I had originally envisioned it, but it works. Thanks.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”