The Demon First AMV (Created By DazedTheory)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DazedTheory
Org Profile

The Demon First AMV (Created By DazedTheory)

Post by DazedTheory » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Second attempt at editing but this is the first video I published. All feedback welcome. Enjoy! :D
--------------------------
Profile Twitter Youtube

PSN - DazedFury

DazedTheory
Org Profile

Re: The Demon First AMV (Created By DazedTheory)

Post by DazedTheory » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Lol still no feedback?
Profile Twitter Youtube

PSN - DazedFury

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 am

It's not a bad first video, but the flow was too monotonous. There's a lot of variety in the song; tempo changes, dynamics, etc. During softer portions of the song, the editing didn't really change all that much (for example, in your video: instead of fighting, we get the stand-off before the fight begins... it's OK, but a missed opportunity). So this didn't make your video particularly memorable, unfortunately. Furthermore, it was all just about the fight scenes. The song is ostensibly more dramatic in nature... if you'd focused a bit more on the main character's motivations (like "why's he doing this?") it would have improved the video.

For technical advice: be careful with speeding up footage with people talking in the clip, it looks goofy. On the same token, slowing down clips too much makes them look jerky and just bad, so don't do it. Lastly, more people will reply to your topic if you actually host your video on the org, rather than linking to YouTube.

Good luck!

DazedTheory
Org Profile

Post by DazedTheory » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Thank you! i'll be sure to apply these things in my next video! >:)
Profile Twitter Youtube

PSN - DazedFury

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”