How long have you edited...

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
NotReallyHere
The Macho Man
Org Profile

Re: How long have you edited...

Post by NotReallyHere » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:12 pm

4 or so I think. Need to have some variation or I'll lose inspiration/don't find it fun to do anymore.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:10 am

Haven't edited for years.

Coming back? Not sure lolz
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:14 am

20-24h maybe. I don't think i would be able to stand more than 24-30 hours of that. I'm useless without sleep. :uhoh:
Still better than that MMO.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:45 am

Before OrgEditor ended, I could edit 10+ hours straight. Now I can barely clip or edit for an hour. So sad ;__;

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:40 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:Before OrgEditor ended, I could edit 10+ hours straight. Now I can barely clip or edit for an hour. So sad ;__;
Your editing habit seems to be... 8-) Code-dependent.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:55 am

I've been doing 5-6 hours nightly for the last week or so...

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:54 pm

I think 13 hours straight on Saturday or Sunday was my max, and that came at the end of about two weeks of 8 hours at work in front of a computer plus another 4 to 5 hours slaving away at night in an attempt to finish a video before a con deadline. I paid for it big time, that much computer times really aggravates my chronic back/neck issues (caused by excessive computer work...vicious cycle, anyone?).

That said, as much as it literally hurts, it's nice to be so invested in a video that I can just lose myself for hours and hours in the creative process.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:06 am

5 hours straight up, after that point I would have lost all inspiration to work on the video for the next few weeks.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:23 am

For Seishun-Con 2011, I had to make the into vid for the AMV contest, but I was really far behind schedule. So when the convention started, I spent the entire first day and half the 2nd day editing it. I didn't finish till about 3 hours before the contest. So I think that I put in about a total of 15 hours of editing between the two days while still staffing the con, and running my AMV 101 panel. That was actually a pretty brutal experience. End result:

And less than 3 months later, I did basically the same thing for Dragon*Con. I had to edit the intro vid for the "World of Hentai" panel, so on day 1, I edited non stop from about 10am till about 8pm while on shift for the anime room. End Result: This is when I learned that the longer I edit non stop, the more I hate everything on my timeline. When I was done with that vid, I absolutely hated everything about it, but I've actually grown to like it now.

For the quickening tournament this year, my round fell right in the week when I was moving to a new apartment. I had no time to edit, because I has a shit ton of cleaning and loading a uhaul truck and a storage facility for about 5 days (I seriously had THAT much stuff). When everything was finished, I started to work on my vid, but since I had no internet service yet, I had to go to starbucks early in the morning and edit there till night for 2 whole days. End result:

taniichan
Org Profile

Post by taniichan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:02 am

Hmmmwell, I know I've edited on a MEP part 8 hours straight once, but full videos... Never edited one straight, except my first one, which took me 4 or 5 hours I guess..
tani out.

Return to “General AMV”