The 2013 AMV Contest is open to creators of all ages and skill level within the USA and Canada. Video Submission Deadline is
February 22 March 1st, 2013 11:59 PST.Categories:
Contestants may enter more than one AMV, but contestants may submit only one entry per category. TRAILERS and PARODIES are permitted. We reserve the right to move your entry to another category if we feel it’s better suited elsewhere.Video Length:
Videos must be a minimum of 30 seconds playback time and up to a maximum of 6 minutes playback time. Any videos not meeting the playback time requirement will be disqualified. Video Resolutions:
Videos must be a minimum of 640x480. Higher resolutions are acceptable but will be shrunk down to standard definition, and ONLY if they are compressed. We will not download anything larger than 300mb. The final show will be played back at a 720x480[16:9] resolution/ratio.Format:
Acceptable containers include the common standards of:
All files will be transcoded for DVD playback. If you send in any different formats you run the risk of them not converting correctly. We will try to work with you if you have questions or concerns about file types.Disqualifications:
Your video(s) must meet the following criteria:
1) Good quality. Videos found to be poorly encoded as to have many artifacts or red-lining audio may lead to disqualification.
2) Keep it PG-13. Poor taste, excessive violence, sexual content or innuendo, and/or strong language are not permitted.
3) No subtitles (except within context). As well, videos should not contain industry credits if opening/ending footage is used.
4) Must contain at least 51% anime, or Japanese video game footage. Anime style series’ or video games (such as Avatar: The Last Airbender and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) are permitted at the discretion of the judges.
5) No bumpers, credits, watermarks or title screens. All videos will be given uniform identifying slides.
6) Any trailers entered MUST NOT contain proper titles or authorities in their opening green screen. If the MPAA did not view your trailer, then you may NOT use their name. Parody versions with mock companies are permitted.Judging:
All entrants will be prescreened blindly and judged prior to the convention. Audience members will be given a voting ballot for the contest and choose their favorite video for each category. At the end of the show, audience members will be asked to select one video out of the entire show to be voted as Best in Show. Winners will be announced later during the convention at a to-be-determined time and place.Winners:
Awards/Prizes (TBD) will be given to each Best of Category, Judges’ Favorite, and Best of Show.Submitting videos:
All videos will only be accepted online (no snail mail.)
We are working to produce an FTP for you to upload thusly, in the meantime please use public sharing sites such as mediafire, sendspace, etc.
No streaming sites (such as youtube) will be accepted. Links from a-m-v.org are acceptable as long as there are no bumpers. Email download links and the below information to AnimeConjiAMV2013@yahoo.com
The following information should be emailed AS A TXT. FILE with all submissions:
Your First & Last Name:
Title of video:
Artist(s): (if multiple songs are used, list ALL the artists you used in the AMV)
Song(s) : (if multiple songs are used, list ALL the songs you used in the AMV)
Anime(s): (if multiple anime is used, list ALL the anime you used in the AMV)
Will you be attending Anime Conji?: Yes/No
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to submit your AMV way before the due date, ESPECIALLY if your AMV content or format is questionable. Creators whose videos meet one of the disqualification criteria will be notified and updated. Videos may be resubmitted for consideration. It is also HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to respond and read your e-mails frequently during the contest submission period for updates, information and confirmations.DISCLAIMER:
Contestants waive all rights to any fees, copyrights, royalties, or any forms of compensation for the use of their name, likeness and videos in publicity, marketing, and public viewing by Anime Conji.
If you have any questions about the contest or submitting your video, please contact us at AnimeConjiAMV2013@yahoo.com