AVS Script not working in premiere pro CS6

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Otaku-Alice
Org Profile

AVS Script not working in premiere pro CS6

Post by Otaku-Alice » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:14 pm

the image that come up every time i try to import and AVS script, i have already installed pwolfs AVS plug-in for premiere pro cs5 64-bit version, so please HELP!

Brad
Org Profile

Re: AVS Script not working in premiere pro CS6

Post by Brad » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Can you open up the script in VirtualDub?
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Otaku-Alice
Org Profile

Post by Otaku-Alice » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Brad wrote:Can you open up the script in VirtualDub?
yes

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:42 am

Here's the situation:
- VirtualDub is using the 32bit avisynth version, which does have directshowsource;
- The Premiere Plugin for CS6 needs to rely to the 64bit version of avisynth (which I would personally discourage using), and it seems you don't have the 64bit version of directshowsource.

Possible solutions:
- Get the 64bit directshowsource plugin (worst solution, imho) or;
- Don't use 64bit avisynth, rather just make lossless clips in virtualdub (best solution, imho) or;
- If you really insist in direct avs editing, but want to avoid 64bit avisynth, use fake avi files through avisynth virtual file system+pismo file mount and 32bit avisynth, as shown in the avtech.

In all 3 cases I suggest you to convert to RGB as the guide tells. Remember to specify the correct colormatrix when converting to RGB. This is "Rec601" for DVD sources (even if you are upscaling them) and "Rec709" for BD sources (even if you are downscaling them).
The code should be put at the end of the script and is like this (hd source example, since it seems that's what you have):

Code: Select all

ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec709")
Bonus info: directshowsource is terrible and should especially be avoided at all costs when direct editing as it is not frame accurate. Use ffvideosource instead. You can find both the 32bit and 64bit dll on the googlecode page, though they are not the most up to date builds around (but should work fine for your needs).

Otaku-Alice
Org Profile

Post by Otaku-Alice » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:14 pm

mirkosp wrote: - If you really insist in direct avs editing, but want to avoid 64bit avisynth, use fake avi files through avisynth virtual file system+pismo file mount and 32bit avisynth, as shown in the avtech.

In all 3 cases I suggest you to convert to RGB as the guide tells. Remember to specify the correct colormatrix when converting to RGB. This is "Rec601" for DVD sources (even if you are upscaling them) and "Rec709" for BD sources (even if you are downscaling them).
The code should be put at the end of the script and is like this (hd source example, since it seems that's what you have):

Code: Select all

ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec709")
i did that and thank you vary much for replying, and it works but the video in the preview window in premiere and when i render that video it shows that the video is corrupted... :( as in pixels are out of place or shifted : (i circled the one that i could tell in red)
is there a solution to this? dose this happen to anyone else?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Did you also switch to ffvideosource or are you still using directshowsource? Because if the latter's the case, I'd say the issue explains itself.

Otaku-Alice
Org Profile

Post by Otaku-Alice » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:59 pm

mirkosp wrote:Did you also switch to ffvideosource or are you still using directshowsource? Because if the latter's the case, I'd say the issue explains itself.
thanx that solved all my problems!

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:14 am

64bit avisynth is a hack job and is not stable, not with premiere at least. It also hasn't been updated in over two years. It should only be used for emergency imports into Premiere. I strongly suggest converting the source to lossless. You will run into problems and potentially ruin hours of work. The pismo method also doesn't work very well either from my experience.

Return to “Adobe Software”