NaNoWriMo and you! Let's write during November!

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: NaNoWriMo and you! Let's write during November!

Post by Otohiko » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:00 pm

March is gonna be a terrible month for me. But hey, maybe that'll be the month I can put aside my main project and like, work on at least sketching out the details of another one that I had for a long time.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:13 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:I declare March to be NaNoWriMoII.

Why should we only write for one month outta the year? Why not every month? March gives everyone a nice break. Nothing happens in March. We'll do it again. Until then, NOVEMBER AIN'T OVER, KEEP WORKING :awesome:
March, I think I can do that. Albeit, one of those days will be my birthday but heh, I usually don't do much on that day anyhow.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:32 am

I'll certainly dedicate March to rewriting the garbage I shat out this month.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:38 am

I had a sort of revelation in the last couple of days, where after being forced to step away from writing my VN script for a few days, I realized that actually I should screw it and just novelize my idea first, before trying to turn it into a game (or even "game"). It adds a whole another phase to the work and kind of kills some of the originality of what I aimed for, but it also gets rid of some steep problems that I would've otherwise bumped into. More importantly, it'll give me something that I can actually hand out to people to critique, rather than accosting them with preliminary work and placeholders that let me dodge behind "but this is just a proof-of-concept, the actual thing will be awesome, just believe me!" And heck, I can still do art as illustrations and learn technical stuff in the meantime if I feel like it.

The other advantage is that it also allows me to work on another novel idea that I've had for years without switching mental gears.

So, I am actually gonna declare December to be my unofficial NaNoWriMo II. November was okay, but purely preliminary stuff. March can be III. Or something :uhoh:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:49 am

That's pretty damn awesome, I can't wait to read it in novel form :awesome:

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:39 pm

aaaaaaaaand done
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Two days early eh :O

Congrats.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:30 am

Hell yeah. Congrats!

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:14 pm

So how did everybody else do? :P

Considering I only switched to writing an actual novel like, a few days before the end of the month, I proclaim success. I probably produced somewhere in the neighbourhood of 40-60,000 words worth of preliminary writing during the month (which is hard to count exactly cause it's all part of stuff that I started earlier), and then in the last week I took out my old drafts and notes and reworked them into about 30,000 words of 2nd-3rd-draft material. Which is basically the first couple of chapters of my thing.

So now I have the rest of this massive slice-of-life sort of novel to write, I don't know who'll even want to read it, but I'm enjoying it so fuck it :P

Hope the rest of you have had success!

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:29 pm

I didn't do particularly well this past month, with thanksgiving and school and life taking up a lot of my month. But I think I might join Otohiko in his December NaNoWriMo since I think I made a bit of a breakthrough in the chapter I was stuck on [The beginning, lol] so I might be able to make some good progress now.

Return to “General Discussion”