NaNoWriMo and you! Let's write during November!

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: NaNoWriMo and you! Let's write during November!

Postby inthesto » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Getting back on the horse, up to 22.3k now.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.
inthesto
Beef Basket

Postby ZephyrStar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 am

Tonight I have to cook some stuff for tomorrow's work potluck lunch, but then after that, so many storyboards.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby Ijexis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:27 am

Was planning on doing this again this year, had a story planned out and everything but it was just a really bad time for it. No sense in even starting now, so I guess there's always next year.
Ijexis

NaNoWriMo and you! Let's write during November!

Postby ngsilver » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:30 pm

I'm picking some month next year, probably early in the year, and I'm planning on doing my own nano makeup month. November is usually such a bad month for me so why not choose a better time of year as far as free time and energy goes.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby ZephyrStar » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:53 am

I declare March to be NaNoWriMoII.

Why should we only write for one month outta the year? Why not every month? March gives everyone a nice break. Nothing happens in March. We'll do it again. Until then, NOVEMBER AIN'T OVER, KEEP WORKING :awesome:
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby Otohiko » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:00 pm

March is gonna be a terrible month for me. But hey, maybe that'll be the month I can put aside my main project and like, work on at least sketching out the details of another one that I had for a long time.
Otohiko

Postby Ijexis » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:13 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:I declare March to be NaNoWriMoII.

Why should we only write for one month outta the year? Why not every month? March gives everyone a nice break. Nothing happens in March. We'll do it again. Until then, NOVEMBER AIN'T OVER, KEEP WORKING :awesome:

March, I think I can do that. Albeit, one of those days will be my birthday but heh, I usually don't do much on that day anyhow.
Ijexis

Postby inthesto » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:32 am

I'll certainly dedicate March to rewriting the garbage I shat out this month.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.
inthesto
Beef Basket

Postby Otohiko » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:38 am

I had a sort of revelation in the last couple of days, where after being forced to step away from writing my VN script for a few days, I realized that actually I should screw it and just novelize my idea first, before trying to turn it into a game (or even "game"). It adds a whole another phase to the work and kind of kills some of the originality of what I aimed for, but it also gets rid of some steep problems that I would've otherwise bumped into. More importantly, it'll give me something that I can actually hand out to people to critique, rather than accosting them with preliminary work and placeholders that let me dodge behind "but this is just a proof-of-concept, the actual thing will be awesome, just believe me!" And heck, I can still do art as illustrations and learn technical stuff in the meantime if I feel like it.

The other advantage is that it also allows me to work on another novel idea that I've had for years without switching mental gears.

So, I am actually gonna declare December to be my unofficial NaNoWriMo II. November was okay, but purely preliminary stuff. March can be III. Or something :uhoh:
Otohiko

Postby ZephyrStar » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:49 am

That's pretty damn awesome, I can't wait to read it in novel form :awesome:
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby inthesto » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:39 pm

aaaaaaaaand done
inthesto
Beef Basket

Postby Otohiko » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Two days early eh :O

Congrats.
Otohiko

Postby ZephyrStar » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:30 am

Hell yeah. Congrats!
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby Otohiko » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:14 pm

So how did everybody else do? :P

Considering I only switched to writing an actual novel like, a few days before the end of the month, I proclaim success. I probably produced somewhere in the neighbourhood of 40-60,000 words worth of preliminary writing during the month (which is hard to count exactly cause it's all part of stuff that I started earlier), and then in the last week I took out my old drafts and notes and reworked them into about 30,000 words of 2nd-3rd-draft material. Which is basically the first couple of chapters of my thing.

So now I have the rest of this massive slice-of-life sort of novel to write, I don't know who'll even want to read it, but I'm enjoying it so fuck it :P

Hope the rest of you have had success!
Otohiko

Postby Hagaren Viper » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:29 pm

I didn't do particularly well this past month, with thanksgiving and school and life taking up a lot of my month. But I think I might join Otohiko in his December NaNoWriMo since I think I made a bit of a breakthrough in the chapter I was stuck on [The beginning, lol] so I might be able to make some good progress now.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion