Magi

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Magi

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:50 am

This show is Bad. Ass.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:17 pm

OH MY DAYUM! :shock:

I don't think i have laughed so hard in MONTHS. That was the FATHER OF ALL PIMP SLAPS. Ugo...THAT is how shits done! Go ahead, find a slap that can compare to this one! I DARE YOU. FInd a drink just before the second wave rides in to battle and see how far you spew it out when Ugo comes in. LOL this is my favorite episode JUST for that reason. God, i love this show.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 pm

ep 6:

poor tigers, they just wanted some food and got beaten to a pulp :cry:

and it figures that Aladdin was useless throughout the whole ep until he was rescued

next ep should be interesting, with another famous character being introduced

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Let me tell you right now, this show is only going to get better. The next arc in the manga from this point on is one of my favorites! |:>

TEKnician
Org Profile

Magi

Post by TEKnician » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:45 am

Morgiana is just awesome. Anyone who can kick like her is an automatic fav. Sanji, Syaoran, King Kazuma, Tomoyo...geez me likey a lawt.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:12 pm

wow, Sinbad fails, gets all his treasures stolen before he is even introduced. How did he end up a king? (and just being strong isn't a reason lol) And now Alibaba has gone all emo :(

but still a good ep, next one should be interesting

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Ok, i can understand the reasoning Alibaba has...but that fat politician has a point.
Spoiler :
They raid the national treasury, the taxes are bound to go up. Thats life. Thats how shit works. Money has to come from somewhere. But yes, the noble view is "Steal from the rich, Give to the poor." So in a way, BOTH are right, but you need balance. Thats what Alibaba needs to learn before he can become a leader.
And DUH!! not like anyone ELSE in this anime has yellow hair. Turban don't do crap.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:53 pm

TEKnician wrote:Ok, i can understand the reasoning Alibaba has...but that fat politician has a point.
Spoiler :
They raid the national treasury, the taxes are bound to go up. Thats life. Thats how shit works. Money has to come from somewhere. But yes, the noble view is "Steal from the rich, Give to the poor." So in a way, BOTH are right, but you need balance. Thats what Alibaba needs to learn before he can become a leader.
And DUH!! not like anyone ELSE in this anime has yellow hair. Turban don't do crap.
Spoiler :
Well as far as the argument between the two sides, the nobles are obviously pretty corrupt and are abusing their power, so they probably do deserve to be replaced. The problem is that the uprising is going to lead to civil war probably and even if the rulers do get overthrown, is there anyone in the rebels who knows how to properly manage a city? If not, then you're just going to end up with anarchy with no political or economic structure and the people are still screwed.

But you know it's anime/fairy tale (or Arabian night tale) , the bad rulers get overthrown and the heroic rebels save the day and everyone lives happily ever after. At least that's how these stories usually end, not quite so sure about this series.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Haha.
Spoiler :
I loved it when Morgiana kidnapped Alibaba. :rofl: That was just awesome.
Also the OP/ED are both so catchy.....I keep catching myself humming to them. XD

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Spoiler :
So, you're so called best friend tricked you into showing him the way into the palace so he could rob you and set fire to your home, possibly killing your dad, and leaving you as a homeless guy doing odd jobs for a living. so what do you do several years down the road? help him in his revolution so he can rob more people and destroy more stuff. makes sense. :roll:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”