Problems editors get

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Problems editors get

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:43 am

On the subject of perfectionism, I've really learned a lot about it and how to defeat it over the course of the last year or so with my big personal project. Look at it this way, as long as you are working on it, it can always be made better before you release it. Overcoming the first hurdle is to just work on it. If you can make yourself start, then all you have to do is tell yourself "well, I still have all the time in the world to make this thing great." The key is to KEEP WORKING ON IT no matter what, and then one day, you'll suddenly realize, "ohey, it's done!"

So now I just come home every night after work and put like 4-6 hours into my personal project! :awesome:

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:55 am

Emong wrote:
ZephyrStar wrote:90: Problem: don't finish start because of perfectionism
That would be my problem right now: Visualize an amazing amv in your mind --> avoid starting the project because of too high expectations put on yourself :uhoh:
I've dealt with this problem a lot, especially on my most recent video. Sometimes you just have certain parts of the video down in your head a certain way, and when you try to put it together it doesn't turn out like you thought it would. This halts working on my videos more than anything else because I don't feel like I can pull off what I want and I'm too stubborn to compromise half the time.

The best strategy is exactly what Zeph said. Just keep working at it and eventually you'll have something that you can be happy with.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:16 am

Can;t find time to edit before Akross deadline
solution: shit...

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Problem: When I had a roommate when I was editing a Madoka video I felt very nervous that he would see the screen when I was zoomed in on the half nude scenes masking them out, clicking on around the edges of their bodies.

Solution: Ask him to fap while I edit
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:19 am

Vegas crashed for the 600th time

solution: not editing until 2 weeks later

Return to “General AMV”