The Happy Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Jadecavy
Org Profile

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by Jadecavy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:01 am

I'm almost ready to win this box tourny next weekend. Hopefully Fedex's international overnight is as fast as they claim.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 am

So, our professor for this class writes new exams every time, makes up the numbers, and doesn't even attempt to solve them beforehand.

For example on the last one there was an unsolvable problem that was on there by mistake. Finally the class pet brought this to the attention of the professor 10 minutes before time was up. Most of the class had already finished and left. While in the end we all got credit for that problem, it cost me a lot of time so the last couple of problems were a rush job and I didn't get full credit.

So for this latest exam two of the problems got really messy. Like, reeeeeeeally messy. I worked through it anyway. Finally finished and it's super messy so I double check. It all looked correct. I triple checked. It all looked correct. "Oh well." I turned it in.

Cut to today, checked my grade online. 104%

Fuck yeah!

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:39 pm

I got the job!!!!! :D

I'll be making double my previous salary and get free health insurance + 401(k).

I AM SO HAPPERS. :)

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:48 pm

CodeZTM wrote:I got the job!!!!! :D

I'll be making double my previous salary and get free health insurance + 401(k).

I AM SO HAPPERS. :)
That's awesome. Congratulations!
ImageImage

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Told ya it was a done deal, knew the prayer would work :up:
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 pm

So i started looking at a new(to me) show (has 4 seasons already lol). "Misfits" and i love it. :bear: holiday season is going to be quite enjoyable.

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:16 pm

So I was thinking, and I've come to the realization that I'm no longer enjoying game development and life in Cornwall in general. I really don't want to spend the rest of my life doing this, it's a lot of hard work and it's something that I'm already disliking... I'd like to continue as a hobby, but not for any more than that. There is a program at my college campus in my hometown that I think I'd enjoy more, which is networking, and I'm going to switch into that. A LOT of my credits transfer over, as the game dev program was more intensive in general, and since I'm in my third semester, I'll be able to skip a lot. I weighed the benefits, and;

Cornwall:
Uh... Living alone? This really isn't a benefit, I have to pay rent and the allure of the "independence" (really no difference from home there, my parents gave me complete freedom to come and go) has worn off

Kingston:
I can ACTUALLY find a job and have a lot of contacts there
My family and girlfriend is there, and I have a lot of friends there
Access to a vehicle
Cheaper tuition
No living costs, maybe rent if my parents ask it but it won't be close to as steep as here
Card games
A more enjoyable and less intensive program for now (I'd like to go back to school for Physics down the road)

It seems like a no-brainer to me, I feel so much happier having made this decision... I'm gonna talk to my parents this weekend. :)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

The Happy Thread

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Good luck. :). I hope the discussion goes well!

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:50 pm

Yes. Do it. You will be happier for it.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:59 am

Good on you. I hear Jamaica's super nice this time of the year.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Return to “General Discussion”