N2U 2012 AMV Contest--The Entrants and Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
EVAR
Org Profile

N2U 2012 AMV Contest--The Entrants and Winners

Post by EVAR » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:34 am

Okay. Pardon the delay; I had to overcome a combination of con crud and being sore and tired from helping load out after it was over before I could get to this. So far, this is the contest with the most entries I've ever handled--39. Wow. Here's all of them (plus one bonus) in the order they were shown on Sunday. Links to videos and creators on the Org (and occasionally YouTube) are included where I can find them. If I missed yours, please let me know (and tell me where it is) and I'll fix this. But first, the disclaimers:

"Some of these AMVs contain scenes of violence and coarse language which may not be suitable for all viewers.
This is your warning, soccer moms. Don't say we didn't."

"This Contest Showing also contains: Brief strobing effects; plot spoilers; good and bad music (as always, subjective); mad retro (as in, before you were born); weapons of mass distraction; a carnivorous TV; ideas for Mother's Day; lysergic flatulence; 2D idols (down, boys!); brony baiting (whoa, horsies!); tragical girls; a tanker truckload of blood; MEN!; a video game you'll wish was real; THE UGLY!!!
Guaranteed 100% "Gangnam Style"-free!
Enjoy the show."

1. Champion's League; Pokémon (Season 1); Kyuso Nekokami–"Champion’s League"; Cikasa
2. Let It Burn; Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood; Red–"Let It Burn"; Emma Browning
3. Renegade (still running); Gurren Lagann (movies); Manafest–"Renegade"; [key]Scarlet
4. Minato and Kushina's Last Battle; Naruto: Shippuden; Poets of the Fall–"Carnival of Rust"; SprinkleSprankles
5. Video Games (anime style) - Kingdom Bleach (Ichigo vs. Sora); Bleach; Yoko Shimomura and Kaoru Wada–Kingdom Hearts OST excerpts; Rolfyboy8
(Note: Contest-submitted version edited down to six minutes to follow running time rule.)
6. RUNNER-UP–BEST COMPOSITION: PonPon; Various anime; Kyary Pamyu Pamyu–"PonPonPon"; Nicole Parker
7. Life in Ikebukuro (City in Emotions); Durarara!!; Renegade Five–"When We Say Goodbye"; Pavel “Ainio” Jelinek
8. Coloured Push; 5 Centimeters Per Second; unknown song; Reflex Productions
9. Erien; Children Who Chase Lost Voices; Jónsi–"Go Do"; diegao94
10. Unrequited Love; The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya; Owl City–"Meteor Shower"; Kyros
11. RUNNER-UP–BEST TECHNICAL: The Sound of the Forest; Piano no Mori; Two Steps From Hell–"Eyes Closing"; T.NG Visuals
12. Dreams; Various anime; Lily Allen–"Littlest Things"; TritioAFB
13. Caged; Puella Magi Madoka Magica; David Hodges–"The Rising"; xDreww
14. Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles Trailer; Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles; West One Music–"Lux Aeterna"; Kiozuky
15. Men; One Piece; Martin Mull–"Men"; Brad DeMoss
16. Furinkan Stalker; Ranma ½; Inside Out–"The Stalker Song"; Armed and out of medication Productions
17. RUNNER-UP–MOST ORIGINAL: Grell is “Warped”; Black Butler; The Rocky Horror Picture Show–"The Time Warp"; Hyacinth Bread
18. SCIENCE!!!; Various anime; Nice Peter feat. MC Mr Napkins–"Epic Rap Battles of History" (Season 1, Episode 7); Mr. Pilkington
19. Anten Piece; Outlaw Star; Freshco–"One Piece Rap"; PixelBlended Studios
20. Please Shenron; Dragon Ball; Dragon Ball Z; Kyuso Nekokami–"Onegai Shenron"; Cikasa
21. Bearseye; Persona 4: The Animation; KDrew–"Bullseye"; Kitsune241
22. Darkness; Puella Magi Madoka Magica; Black Rock Shooter (OVA); All Ends–"Obvious"; Cecco
23. BEST COMPOSITION; Cliche; 5 Centimeters Per Second; Vanessa Carlton–"A Thousand Miles"; PieandBeer
--
"This AMV was disqualified from last year's contest strictly because of two occurrances of a lightweight swear word in the lyrics.
I am showing it this year because (A) I am now able to (thanks to the disclaimer at the start), and (B) it's an excellent video."
24. Good Life; Various anime; OneRepublic--"Good Life"; Shin
--
25. Requiem, Rage, and Consequence; Hunter x Hunter; Steve Jablonsky–"The All Spark"; StarTop Studios
26. Save the World; Guilty Crown; Swedish House Mafia–"Save the World"; milkmandan & manganate
27. Downfall; Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works; Red–"The Outside"; diegao94
28. Accel Spider; Accel World; Webster & Harris–"Spider-Man"; Nicole Parker
29. MOST ORIGINAL (2-WAY TIE): Look at it, It's Ugly 2.0; Various anime+; Spongebob Squarepants dialogue; Rolfyboy8
30: Prelude to Death II; Various anime; Fantômas–"Rosemary’s Baby"; TritioAFB
31. Razor's Edge; HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD; Anti-Hero–"Razor's Edge"; SprinkleSprankles
32. Shining Force; Pale Cocoon; The Fray–"You Found Me"; Reflex Productions
33. BFB; B Gata H Kei - Yamada's First Time; Victorious featuring Victoria Justice–"Best Friend's Brother"; Jump Cut Productions
34. Azumanga Daioh Girls in Trouble; Azumanga Daioh; Audio from Kentucky Fried Movie; Armed and out of medication Productions
35. MOST ORIGINAL (2-WAY TIE); Mother's Day Special; Dragon Ball; Dragon Ball Z; The Lonely Island (feat. Justin Timberlake)–"Motherlover"; PixelBlended Studios
(Note: Censored version submitted and shown.)
36. King of Spayn 2012; Various anime; DJ Masa–"K-Pop Mashup 2011"; Mr. Pilkington
37. .DiE; The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya; DyE–"Fantasy"; [key]Scarlet
38. You Should Never Fight Your Feelings; Sola; Embrace–"Nature's Law"; T.NG Visuals
39. Spiral; Steins;Gate; The Glitch Mob feat. Swan–"Between Two Points"; Kyros
40. GRAND PRIZE; BEST TECHNICAL: Razzle-Dazzle; Various anime; Madeon–"Pop Culture"; xDreww

Thanks to everybody who entered. It was a really solid showing and the audience loved it.
Congratulations to the winners. The head of N2U should be sending your certificates and prizes as soon as he recovers from the con.
Cheers.

Dave Watson
AMV Contest Wrangler, N2U 2012.

Edited 2012 11 28: Added link to YouTube video of #14.
Last edited by EVAR on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: N2U 2012 AMV Contest--The Entrants and Winners

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Congrats to the winners!
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

FateTSC
Org Profile

Post by FateTSC » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:14 pm

WOW! I CAN"T BELIEVE THIS RUNNERS-UP BEST TECHNICAL for my Sound of the Forest AMV thanks a lot. And Congrate to the other winners. And as well good job for the rest of the Participants.

See you all next year.

Timmie Ng (FateTRSC)
Timmie Ng (You Only Get What you Give)

plankster
Org Profile

Post by plankster » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:09 am

A 2-way tie between "Look at It, It's Ugly 2.0" (my video), and "Mother's Day Special" for MOST ORIGINAL. That's cool.

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:15 pm

WOH GRAND PRIZE; BEST TECHNICAL!?
Wow.. that's awesome!! Thanks so much! That's indeed very shocking xD
Thanks for having me apart of this event! :)

EVAR
Org Profile

Post by EVAR » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:15 am

xDreww wrote:WOH GRAND PRIZE; BEST TECHNICAL!?
If it's not obvious (because of everything being on one line), that's two awards. Congratulations. Thanks again for entering.

Watson, AMVs, N2U.

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:29 am

EVAR wrote:
If it's not obvious (because of everything being on one line), that's two awards. Congratulations. Thanks again for entering.

Watson, AMVs, N2U.
wait that was two awards? o-o I thought that was one. o:

EVAR
Org Profile

Post by EVAR » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:52 am

xDreww wrote:
EVAR wrote:
wait that was two awards? o-o I thought that was one. o:
Yep. You won one main category (Best Technical) and the whole enchilada as well.

Watson, AMVs, N2U.

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:12 pm

OH. wow..thats awesome! xD Wish I could have seen the screening! Thanks so much for letting me know!! Really means a lot. Can't wait to receive the prize in the mail. ^^

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Congatz you guyz^^

Return to “AMV Contests”