Shine On

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
User avatar
ReggieSmalls
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:17 pm
Status: Rap King
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:
Org Profile

Shine On

Postby ReggieSmalls » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:59 am

Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

User avatar
Jwalk0
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:13 am
Status: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Location: Pelzer, SC
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Shine On

Postby Jwalk0 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:11 pm

This is that ish. Haven't watched a Cardcaptor ep since '03 but this brought back memories. Wonderful concept, brilliant pacing and flow, decent lyrical sync, great beat sync, and nice atmosphere.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image
Image

User avatar
kireblue
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Shine On

Postby kireblue » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Reggie, I love your editing style so much. Instead of using tons of mask transitions like a lot of action AMV editors, you focus even more on beat sync, internal sync and the overall flow and pace :up:

And I love your song/ anime combination. The way the song starts, you get temporally tricked into thinking that this is gonna b a typical CardCaptor AMV, but when the rap starts, Sakura suddenly becomes a complete badass :rofl:

My only complaint would be the slight decrease in video quality immediately after the rap ends, but this is a very small complaint. 5/5 :beer: Great Job Reggie :awesome:

User avatar
dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:50 pm
Status: NMEs Prodigy
Location: Nowheresville, NJ
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Shine On

Postby dreamawake » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Fuck yeah!
Image

User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Status: Flapping Lips
Location: Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Shine On

Postby CodeZTM » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:18 pm

This was really enjoyable, and kireblue really hit all the main points as to why. :)

Also, freaking CCS for the win! :awesome:

User avatar
BecauseImBored1
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:15 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Shine On

Postby BecauseImBored1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Wow this is unexpected I like it :D Wish the rap scenes were faster but thats just my ADD talking. Quality work!!!

User avatar
JudgeHolden
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:49 am
Status: Looking at you through your window!
Location: The great white north (Minneapolis)
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Shine On

Postby JudgeHolden » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:21 pm

So, Reggie ... Is it true you are going to cosplay CCS at AWA next year? :ying:
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
ReggieSmalls
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:17 pm
Status: Rap King
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Shine On

Postby ReggieSmalls » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Jwalk0 wrote:This is that ish. Haven't watched a Cardcaptor ep since '03 but this brought back memories. Wonderful concept, brilliant pacing and flow, decent lyrical sync, great beat sync, and nice atmosphere.


Thanks homie

kireblue wrote:Reggie, I love your editing style so much. Instead of using tons of mask transitions like a lot of action AMV editors, you focus even more on beat sync, internal sync and the overall flow and pace :up:

And I love your song/ anime combination. The way the song starts, you get temporally tricked into thinking that this is gonna b a typical CardCaptor AMV, but when the rap starts, Sakura suddenly becomes a complete badass :rofl:

My only complaint would be the slight decrease in video quality immediately after the rap ends, but this is a very small complaint. 5/5 :beer: Great Job Reggie :awesome:


Thanks and I appreciate all the suggestions you gave me.

PennyRoyalty wrote:Fuck yeah!


:bear:

CodeZTM wrote:This was really enjoyable, and kireblue really hit all the main points as to why. :)

Also, freaking CCS for the win! :awesome:


Thanks man

BecauseImBored1 wrote:Wow this is unexpected I like it :D Wish the rap scenes were faster but thats just my ADD talking. Quality work!!!


Well I didn't wanna go to fast with my cuts being so short.

JudgeHolden wrote:So, Reggie ... Is it true you are going to cosplay CCS at AWA next year? :ying:


Lies all lies but I'am thinking of coming as Black Dynamite
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

macchinainterna
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:27 am
Status: Done. So done.
Org Profile

Re: Shine On

Postby macchinainterna » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:47 pm

ReggieSmalls wrote:
JudgeHolden wrote:So, Reggie ... Is it true you are going to cosplay CCS at AWA next year? :ying:


Lies all lies but I'am thinking of coming as Black Dynamite


You better! :P

Also, fantastic video Reggie! :up: :up:

User avatar
ReggieSmalls
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:17 pm
Status: Rap King
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Shine On

Postby ReggieSmalls » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:04 am

macchinainterna wrote:
ReggieSmalls wrote:
JudgeHolden wrote:So, Reggie ... Is it true you are going to cosplay CCS at AWA next year? :ying:


Lies all lies but I'am thinking of coming as Black Dynamite


You better! :P

Also, fantastic video Reggie! :up: :up:


I'll do it for the orphans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AnhjdmrUmU
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

macchinainterna
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:27 am
Status: Done. So done.
Org Profile

Re: Shine On

Postby macchinainterna » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:09 am

ReggieSmalls wrote:I'll do it for the orphans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AnhjdmrUmU


I CAN'T LOOK AT THESE KIDS NO MORE!!!

User avatar
theinfinite
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 11:47 am
Location: Germany
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Shine On

Postby theinfinite » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:57 am

This was really awesome. I like your clean and unique art of editing. The syncing was phenomenal, you have a really different way of editing than others, it is very original.
On top of that, I absolutely love Logic and could not keep my mouth shut when I watched this masterpiece. Card Captor Sakura was one of the first animes I watched and this has brought back so many memories...
This is a masterpiece, I love it.
The closer you get to the light, the bigger your shadow becomes.

Image

User avatar
DSK3
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:56 am
Status: meeh...
Location: SP, Brasil
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Shine On

Postby DSK3 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:07 pm

Nice beats, nice one
well... I don't care

User avatar
ReggieSmalls
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:17 pm
Status: Rap King
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Shine On

Postby ReggieSmalls » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks y'all, editing with CCS was a lot of fun. I'm planning on using the Pretty Cure Movies pretty soon.
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!


Return to “AMV Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests