[Stickygaiden] - Brain Kepher {3rd JE 2012}

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
_STICKYGAIDEN_
Org Profile

[Stickygaiden] - Brain Kepher {3rd JE 2012}

Post by _STICKYGAIDEN_ » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:08 am

Woot... I realized that I totally forgot to announce my AMV of this summer :uhoh:

So, sorry for the delay, a little (too) late, but as I always say, better late than never... I think.

So first of all, we will place the project in time. a year ago, nearly 10 days before sending the AMV to the contest, I said this on AMVFrance forum:
So first of all, I would like to apologize to all those waiting, you know, a "big thing" for my part for the JE 2011.
This "big thing" I mentioned last year, this is more or less what you have now before me. Now we sit, drink a tea still hot, and then think about the evolution in terms of -released Anime- between last year and this year over the same period ... And we realize that a lot of things may have changed. And indeed, compare my clip in 2011 and today it is comparing two different clips.

Basically, when I'm editing, is that something prompted me to do so. In the case of AMV, most of the time, it is the music that I use as inspiration. Hence the complexity of the thing: the imagination has no limit, while sources that we use, they have. Brain Kepher is not an exception, it is the music that guided me.
Let's talk about precisely, I'm willing to bet that this duo there, few people know of their existence,
Not renowned, fairly discreet about their tours and even the release of their albums. Do you remember this kind of music ? answer:
Spoiler :
Indeed, The Third Twin, are the nephews of one of two members of the legendary duo, Guy de Homem Christo. And this is where we say that the french house hybrid is a family affair, because I highly recommend you throw an ear on a few tracks from this duo, and I can assure you that you will not regret it.

Returning to the AMV, "how Sticky has gone from this electro sound to this conceptual thing?" Well the answer is simple: the base, Brain Kepher should be neither more nor less than a clip Fun / dance (the "Nostromo" in the thanks, you know ). But listening to the song " Your Brain is Pure", I threw myself into creating a concept, based solely on this sentence: "Your Brain is Pure."

You must now begin to see the connection with the theme of the clip, obviously based on mental manipulation. The idea of ​​reconciliation with Environmental secure took place at the end of the production of the clip, and suddenly, I put as well the context of the clip, and again: The Apocalypse.
The scene of the lobotomization in Deadmen wonderland chocked me so much that I had quickly decided to use it as my conductive line theme.

Now speak about the production itself. It was a long, laborious, served between-reboot installation log, operating system, installation of components, sources. A real mess and I sincerely thought that I will do not go out, people take me for a fool illuminated with boring twisted ideas. I can assure you one thing, to create a render of 10 min long AMV on a PC that has more than 6 years of age, it is like asking your cherry tree to mature in winter. Than in the 6th minute, I reached the point of no return when "Bigdobe" crashed every minute.

So I decide to split the video into 3 parts called: illusion, dream and reality. Just for fun, I could make the account and I can get some stats from AE: 773 layers, 27 precompositions and 65.1 GB of final rendering output uncompressed. I think this time I have really pushed my machine to its limits.

I come to the thanks, and there are lot of people on the balcony: firstly Nostromo, the first part of my betatest, and then Bachstelze & Firesledge from the website Qualiter.fr, two behemoths programming AviSynth script, which have contributed enormously to the upscale source and transfer encode. Then Se7ven Studio, which by pure miracle, allowed me to obtain their generous sources of their own creation. Mourioche, a sound compositor very inspired, and the little Angelface, who has assisted me in the end, Candide of her eyes, she could detect the grossest errors of my clip (you know, when looking at the same thing for a year, even a subliminal vagina we would not see).
And finally, I thank all Subbers who generously participated in the translation of the outro, in the list: Moonlight soldier for the English version, Minstrel for the Russian version, and JCD for the German version (at his request, I have not cited him for subtitles, but only in the "others thanks"). And I want to say that, make subtitles, is as exciting as the rotos, it's like wiping your ass with the toilet paper the next day of a party: it is painful and we avoids spending too much time.

I finally (finally!) do a personal point of view of this production:
-> What I liked: Everything
-> What I do not like: This clip has a large amount of defects, some of which I have seen and corrected, others I have not seen and you tell me, and still others I saw but I was too lazy or unable to correct them. The majority of these defects I think are of a technical nature, but also sound. Saturation is present by the time of the superposition of my music and FX, in spite of the hack, it is still perceived that too.

Sources list :
Aria The Scarlet Ammo (TV)
Ayumi Hamasaki: Music Video: Connected
Birdy Nam Nam Defiant Order
Bleach
C - The Money Of Soul And Possibility Control (TV)
Cocoon - Oh My God
Deadman Wonderland (TV)
Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko (TV)
DJMAX -Black Square-
Fate/Stay Night (TV)
Fractale (TV)
HALO
Hikaru Utada - Exodus- 04
Hikaru Utada - Fluximation - 03
Hikaru Utada - Fluximation - 09
Juno Reactor - Bombs Of Dimension
King Of Thorn (Movie)
Masterlink - Super Speed
Mawaru Penguindrum
Mirai Nikki (TV)
Nisemonogatari (TV)
Run Run Run !! - Choiyounghoon Leekyutae
Shangri-La (TV)
Steins;Gate (TV)
Stuck In The Sound - Brother
Teotl
The Bluetones - 4 Day Weekend
World God Only Knows II, The (TV)

Audio :
* The Third Twin - Your Brain is Pure
* The Third Twin - Ra men Kepher
* Epilogue : Takanashi Yasuharu - Rakusasu Runaway

Download :

Enjoy ! And again, sorry for my bad English.
Last edited by _STICKYGAIDEN_ on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kapparomeo
Org Profile

Re: [Stickygaiden] - Brain Kepher {3rd JE 2012}

Post by kapparomeo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:21 pm

I've left some more developed thoughts in an Opinion, but I can say here that this was an impressive piece with a strong narrative sense that was well-told. You mention in your post above that the sound was saturated in some places, but I really didn't notice it myself - if it is, it's actually appropriate because it suits the harsh electronic environment of the video.

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:12 pm

_STICKYGAIDEN_ wrote:some stats from AE: 773 layers, 27 precompositions and 65.1 GB of final rendering output uncompressed. I think this time have really pushed my machine to its limits.
Holy sh..
I remember this one, good job :up: one of my favs from the last JE.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:02 am

I like this :up:

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:58 am

Whoa. This is not an AMV. This is art. Art only compared to masterpieces such as Dead to the World. I didn't even care that it was 10 minutes long, it kept me wanting for more. It was... great, more like a short film you never have the chance to find here. You sir, totally have my vote for Best AMV of the Year, I salute you :up:

And guys, this totally needs more love.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:08 am

I enjoyed it, tho whole rewinding thing on full screen really destroys flow in it , at least it could be faster ,and maybe use less annoying sound. But that's pretty much only thing that really bothered me. Interesting idea and really good execution . :up:
Still better than that MMO.

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi Sticky!

This thread made me view your video again: )
As I said on the french forum, I still think the 1st part is a bit too long/slow. Your video (or should I say your short movie?) really starts to intringue at the 3rd minute.
But except that, I really like the concept, and the end really gives me chills! The first time I saw that, I remember staying a few second motionless after the video stopped, mind boggled ...

Like always, your videos are ... different. And this is why I like them :up:

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Haha I remember the first time I watched this, it was like :
- random?
- WTF?
- OMG PURE GENIUS STICKY YOU BASTARD

:up:

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:50 pm

hdjghjg
Last edited by Kevmaster on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 pm

I remember seeing this after JE and discussing it with Kain. xD It's truly mind boggling, but the concept is pure genius! :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”