Sword Art Online

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kimberly
Org Profile

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Kimberly » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm still liking it!
ImageImage

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:10 pm

Great episode it had
Spoiler :
My god, she finally escaped. Lets just hope that that bastard doesn't catch her.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:40 pm

To be honest, I don't see how the treatment of Asuna is any different before. We were practically INFORMED of her strength, which she only got to use to the fullest like, once. After that she was always being saved by Kirito and clinging to him and fighting the weaker enemy with mixed results [I honestly can't remember if she had any actual wins in the second half of S1]. So to have her a damsel in distress is right in line with how the author apparently wants her to be.
Spoiler :
Granted, she was looking pretty confident when she broke out of her prison, so we'll see what happens from there.
I think thats a big part of why I prefer ALO though. I really just didn't care for Asuna's whole character, since after so long her personality got overwhelmed by "I Love Kirito". Leafa still has that going of course but so far it's only a crush, and to me she feels like a more competent fighter/supporter even though she probably isn't as strong as Asuna. Their dynamic is a little different and it's kind of refreshing.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Actually not a bad episode for a change, though mostly because that was a well animated fight. After that it was irritating at best, especially with the chicks clinging to Kirito...

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:54 pm

mirkosp wrote: especially with the chicks clinging to Kirito...
Well, at least we can say that everybody loves him

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:05 am

My problem with it is that you either don't do fanservice, or go all the way out. If it's half-assed like this, it's just annoying.

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:08 am

I'm still loving this.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:38 am

Spoiler :
I still really like it. Especially after Kirito used his dual sword skills.
Asuna is out!
I reaaaaaally hope that she'll meet up with Kirito in the next two episodes!
ImageImage

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:42 pm

My impressions starting with the previous ep. Harsh criticisms btw.
Spoiler :
Oh... my... God......
You've got to be kidding me.
LOL oh really? So a gamer who kills, steals, cheats, etc. in a game means they do that in real life according to Kirito's logic.
No shit son. Did you forget you still have to save your bitch? You got less than a week to complete your objective and yet, you're doing all these sidequests for some random girl you've only known for a day?
Pffft hahahahaha! Someone please give this guy a reality check.
Another cartoon villain, how many times have seen this in this show alone?
Of course, more predictable harem cliche.
Gah damn it took this bitch long enough to get out of that cage.

Cliche after cliche after cliche. This current arc is garbage because the foundation that was built upon this arc is garbage. Talk about taking a game too seriously. It's understandable in the Sword Art arc since everyone's lives are on the line but here it doesn't matter. So what if there's alliance troubles or some tribe wars? There's absolutely no weight behind those conflicts because it's got nothing to do with Kirito. Unfortunately, he loses sight of his main objective so the plot can require him to do all this BS. Such a terribly written main character along with Asuna. Other peeps we see aren't even characters, just props to move the plot. Akihiko Kayaba was a potentially interesting character but he's a missed opportunity which brings me to this. I think it would've been better if the entire show was focused on the Sword Art arc where the drama and tension works but alas. Yes the show isn't over yet, but I just can't see it redeeming itself no matter how satisfying the ending is.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Sword Art Online

Post by TEKnician » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Any SMART villain would've placed a tracer on her.

I'm not getting the game dynamics, though. You can apparently dash supersonic with no skill level requirements. Your "illusion" form can one-shot everyone. You can steal a sheathed weapon from anyone. You can use spells WITHOUT vocal chants?!

Well, whatever. One thing that caught my eye was the "Patch 5.0" reference. LOL. Mists of Pandaria. Brilliant. Good stuff.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”