The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Oh and the reason I was coming in here originally.

GUESS WHOSE COMPANY HAD MORE LAYOFFS?

I owe my job to my editor in chief. He really went to bat for us. Three departments similar to mine got completely wiped out. I can't really talk about what's going to happen. But the basic is that I still have my job (yay), might get promoted (err yay), but my life and schedule will suck until about mid-January =/

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:34 pm

I agree with Soldier, do not disclose that you are looking elsewhere, it's TMI and information that you absolutely do not want someone to be weighing when considering whether you're right for the job. You had nothing to do with the timing of the part-time positioning opening up coinciding with that other, full-time position - it's just an unfortunate situation and I'm sure a lot of people would understand.

Er hem. ::adjusts glasses:: So the reason I came here...

****RRRAAAAAAAGEEEEE**** Do you know how bad an idea it is to tick off a redhead? REAL BADDDDDD. I do not get mad often, but when I do I think even a blind and deaf person would know from 10' away that someone's ready to blow up. I can't even adequately describe the situation, since I've learned from experience that it's very easy to track me down here and find out what I've been posting. I swear, as much as people spill their guts on the Internet, there is still nothing like scrawling your fury into a good 'ole paper notebook no one else is ever going to read once you burn it.

If there is one type of person I detest to the bottom of my being more than any other, it's arrogant people who have waaaayyy too high an opinion of themselves. Worse still is when such people also go through life refusing to admit when they are wrong, that just MAYBE it's not an insult if someone doesn't agree with their every utterance, that oh - I don't know - maybe they should at least outwardly show respect for their fellow man (or woman, in this case) regardless of how their personal opinion stands...particularly if that other person has every right to that respect and REFRAINS IN AN ADULT MANNER FROM TELLING THEM THEY DON'T APPRECIATE THE ATTITUDE.

*slugs brandy* *yells garbled epithets*

Of course I come home from work tonight and my dog is not waiting in the yard for me. Normally this isn't worth more than mild concern, but since it's dark out and about freezing, and normally her corgi self is right there when I open my car door....yes, rage subsides as I go on the search for the missing pooch. Neighbor #1 hasn't seen her, she's not coming or barking when I call - did a coyote get her? A cougar? Bear? (I live kind of out in the woods). Call some more, no barking like she normally does when she gets stuck somewhere....like in a neighbor's house (she sneaks into people's houses without being invited). Knock on neighbor #2's door...nope, he hasn't seen her – oh wait, there she is! *wag wag with corgi stump tail* She was hiding under his end table all afternoon while he was watching a movie, completely unaware that she was in the same room with him! ARGHHH!! DOGGGGGG!!!

*hugs dog* Makes me calm down a bit and acknowledge that there are worth things in life than being extremely, rudely addressed and dismissed by a coworker during a meeting, in front of both of my managers, which they have done in private to an even more outrageous degree and which I have reported to them, and received the directive to deal with it myself until it happens again, and then they'll step in. WELP, it happened again, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM...let's see if they step in. I rather doubt it.

***RRRAAAAAAGGGEEE***

And another thing, thank goodness I never stay spitting mad for more than 12 hours, because otherwise I'd have to lock myself in a closet for week to keep from murdering people!!!!

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:18 pm

I went to an employee's only book sale at my workplace earlier, because I like cheap books and the proceeds are going to charity. I was running late and only got there about 15 minutes before they closed, so I didn't have cash on me, and only had to time to pick out three books that I thought I might like. Each book was a dollar, and I went to pay by check and the lady makes a semi-snide comment about a $3 check. Why would you do that? I didn't have to come in on my first day off in six days to buy books I don't necessarily want or need. You're the one asking for help, don't be snotty about how much money I pay or how.
:ying:

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 pm

I don't know anymore :?
ImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Kimberly wrote:I don't know anymore :?
It'll come back to you, you just forgot.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Damn package coming in from DHL failed to deliver. They don't offer pick-up all weekend for it, and they tell me if I don't want to try again, I have to drive into Boston to pick it up on Monday. Managed to talk my dad into waiting at my house all day for it on Monday, so I don't have it left outside.

EDIT - Awesome DHL guy decided to come back and try again. Win!
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:53 pm

Woke up this morning with a fairly bad headache radiating out from the back of my neck on the right side. Normally, this kind of thing gets solved by a combination of Advil, Biofreeze, a hot shower, and some coffee. So I put the Biofreeze on, take the shower, take the Advil, and pour myself some coffee. It had other plans, and turned into a full-on migraine less than 20 minutes later. I spent until a quarter past noon moaning in pain and throwing up all of the nothing that I had eaten. Also slept again for an hour and a half around 9:00 to try and make it settle down, but that didn't help either.

I didn't even finish the coffee, so I poured it into another glass and stuck it in the refrigerator, and turned the pot off. I finished it off as a cold coffee this afternoon and filled the glass back up with the non-mixed coffee that was in the pot, since there was no reason for it to go to waste. Didn't even have a proper meal until about three hours ago, although I did have some tea and a piece of toast after the last time I stopped vomiting. Also had to take another shower since I was sweating from the exertion of all of it.

I don't get migraines very often, and there's only been a couple times that I can remember that they've ever made me vomit. Surprisingly, this wasn't one of the worst I've had in terms of the pain. When I was in middle and high school (maybe even elementary, but if so it would've been like 4th or 5th), these things would wake me up in the middle of the night and I'd be in so much pain I couldn't even get out of bed to take anything, nor would it let me go back to sleep until it was over.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:52 pm

I had several paragraphs typed up, and then I revised it to a shortened form, but I realized that saying it simply is probably the best way.

I am angry, depressed, and irritated that when my life got harder, my best friend effectively dropped me for less complicated friends.

That's a shitty way to treat someone who has been your closest, most beloved support for the last fifteen years.

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:36 pm

So whenever i get the chance i like to help out the community. do a good deed and than go home on the computer and feel good about myself.Today was SUPPOSE to start out like that. I got out of my bed at 8AM(which is already a terrible start) took a shower and headed over to my high school. Not to see my teachers/coaches/17yearolds But to donate blood. Hey! i got like fucking GALLONS of blood why not spread to love? but i got denied.they wouldnt tell me why i didnt fill it out any different than i normally do so WTF!?

as i head to my car and i drive to class (ugh class -_-) i cool my nerves and watch 4 SNL episodes, (intro to photoshop = 4 hours) i than get done with class take a test whatever... I go back to my car and i released SOMETHING IS MISSING. My front turning signals Like WTF. i dont even go to a ghetto college. Its a REALLY good neighborhood. OMG im so mad. i really just want to stay inside and AVOID anything else bad happening to me. This day is just the worst

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Mkid wrote:So whenever i get the chance i like to help out the community. do a good deed and than go home on the computer and feel good about myself.Today was SUPPOSE to start out like that. I got out of my bed at 8AM(which is already a terrible start) took a shower and headed over to my high school. Not to see my teachers/coaches/17yearolds But to donate blood. Hey! i got like fucking GALLONS of blood why not spread to love? but i got denied.they wouldnt tell me why i didnt fill it out any different than i normally do so WTF!?

as i head to my car and i drive to class (ugh class -_-) i cool my nerves and watch 4 SNL episodes, (intro to photoshop = 4 hours) i than get done with class take a test whatever... I go back to my car and i released SOMETHING IS MISSING. My front turning signals Like WTF. i dont even go to a ghetto college. Its a REALLY good neighborhood. OMG im so mad. i really just want to stay inside and AVOID anything else bad happening to me. This day is just the worst
Dude!!! xD I find it weird that we both just have like such an awful day on like the exact same day! x)

Mines just the fact that I didn't go to bed until like 6:30 a.m. because of an art project that's due in about... 2 hours, and the fact that I had to work at 8:00 a.m. so I only got like... not even a hour's worth of sleep and I had to go to work in the worst possible mood :[ Not only that, but I went up to some lady and I was curious about like why she was buying Voss water and she gave me like this idea to go watch Tapp~ and saying that Arrowhead water is on the pH scale of 6.8, making it more acidic. Well... That's fine and all but if Arrowhead water was at 6.8 then Soda is probably more acidic due to the carbonation inside it but I don't see everyone dying of cancer from it... :/ Not to mention, the body is built to withstand a fair amount of pH Levels since its purpose is to both protect the body and maintain homeostasis. What I didn't like is how this woman wouldn't even accept my point of view no matter what I said to her. She basically told me that there's way more going on in the body besides water and sodium, and I pretty much told her that "Yeah, there's also Potassium, Carbon, Oxygen, and Sulfur." Then she said: "Ok, look, I don't feel like debating. All I know is that Water is the reason for causing cancer." Then she walked off.... Well.. that's nice and all but that's just fucking rude to walk off and not even hear out my side of how cancer even works. :|

Sad part is... I probably could've told her how cancer works and she'll never know :/ I just don't know what causes it, and, to be perfectly honest, anything can cause cancer but I base most of my reason on radiation due to what happened to the soldiers that suffered through serious disfiguration at the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. (Atomic bombing... No one wins...)

Anyway, I totally feel how Mkid Feels today :[

Return to “General Discussion”