Wings

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Wings

Post by Kionon » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Agreed, never would have thought this was a first AMV, but then most first time editors don't have someone who is already established as a tutor. Taite probably kept you from making many of the mistakes we made because we didn't know any better.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

mumsee
Org Profile

Post by mumsee » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:31 pm

She actually never talked to me while I was editing or gave me any critique haha. But being able to watch her edit definitely helped, and she taught me how to use the program before I jumped in. Without her I am sure I wouldn't have even finished!
Thank you :)

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:28 pm

I think I can see a little of Taite's influence in this video, especially in the editing where it seems to have this soft serene feel to it that I usually get from her videos which is very nice. <3 A really impressive first AMV also. I hate cookie cutters when they're used badly but they actually looked great and blended well at the start and around the midsection of the AMV. The only thing I didn't quite like was the way you used them to end the video, I felt like a black background would have given it a much more ending-like feeling than the blurred black and white scene. But it's a really minor thing so don't worry too much about it. I still enjoyed it. :up:

mumsee
Org Profile

Post by mumsee » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:03 am

Yes, I definitely did. I like the way she does her more slower/sentimental type videos, so it was easy to be able to implement some similar techniques to make it look better. For my future videos, since they're a different genre than what she normally does, I don't imagine I'll be able to get away with it so easily :P . Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind while experimenting with cookie cutters in the future. :)

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:43 pm

I really enjoyed this <3 Good stuff :up:
Still better than that MMO.

mumsee
Org Profile

Post by mumsee » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Thank you :)