My Experiment: The AMV Channel

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
DriftRoot
Org Profile

Re: My Experiment: The AMV Channel

Post by DriftRoot » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:51 am

I really enjoy livestreaming AMVs when I can chat with folks also watching, makes it a little like watching AMVs at a con (being a sort of group activity). I also think it's a great way to watch stuff in a less intense, easy-to-digest manner than single viewing/downloading - during the VCAs, for instance, NG's livestream was fantastic for me in this regard. I was introduced to a ton of videos I'd probably never have otherwise really paid attention to, just by logging on for a couple of hours. Having my PC hooked up to a TV helps...just flip the livestream over there, and I can do whatever I want meanwhile on my PC without it interfering. :mrgreen:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:29 am

We have a facebook page :P http://www.facebook.com/TheAmvChannel

Whenever I change the stream, updates will go there and such. It'll probably just stay on the announcements for a bit but I am currently working on some other playlists in the meantime.

So like I said, if anyone has any suggestions, give 'em to me and I'll do my best. :P

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:19 am

One thing you could stream would be people editing/making videos. That would probably be harder to organize but I think it would be pretty cool if you had different editors streaming things they are making. I know that Shin sometimes does it. The best way I could see that working out it give access to the account to a couple select editors and just have them log on and pause the playlist and show what they are doing if they feel like it.

Another thing to show besides the first 2 pages of announcements would be stuff from different conventions or other popular things. I would look through this thread http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 2&t=111280 for some ideas.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:38 am

Zanzaben wrote:One thing you could stream would be people editing/making videos. That would probably be harder to organize but I think it would be pretty cool if you had different editors streaming things they are making. I know that Shin sometimes does it. The best way I could see that working out it give access to the account to a couple select editors and just have them log on and pause the playlist and show what they are doing if they feel like it.

Another thing to show besides the first 2 pages of announcements would be stuff from different conventions or other popular things. I would look through this thread http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 2&t=111280 for some ideas.

Yeah, showing editors streaming their editing process is actually one of the plans we have lined up.

I'll take that thread into consideration. I'd have a lot more running right now if livestream didn't take so long to upload/convert files xD

Thanks! :D

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:51 am

Are you taking submissions?
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:34 am

Like "play my video!" submissions? No.
I'm considering the possibility of editor spotlights but I need to figure out the criteria first to try and keep it a unbiased as possible.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:48 am

Nice to see this is getting some support. This is something I've already been doing with the this week in AMVs livestream account and was planning to start back up again next week once I had finished re-cooperating from Youmacon. But yes, please continue, we need more people to do these things and people to watch, and if a being a mod is what it takes for people to pay attention to the stream then by all means I'm all for this.
ImageImageImageImage

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:12 pm

I will have this on in the background. Every night. While I draw. <3

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:15 pm