My Experiment: The AMV Channel

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

My Experiment: The AMV Channel

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:50 pm

So, to put it simply....this: http://www.livestream.com/theamvchannel

The goal is to have an AMV channel with non-stop streaming going on. Whether it just be random videos, AMV Reviews, anime reviews, whatever. One of my goals for the future is to have livestreams of contests, complete with intros, bumpers, credits, etc... going at the same time of an AMV contest IRL. Obviously, I've got a lot of work to do but if anyone has suggestions for things they'd like to see or anything, please feel free to post.

Currently (as of this post) I have all of the videos from the AMV Announcement section's first page streaming on loop. Videos that are announcements but are only available on youtube are obviously not streaming, and those with file formats the site doesn't work with will have to be re-encoded later. It's about 1:16 minutes worth of content currently and will probably be going for a while till I can get to work on assembling the next playlist, but for now I see it as a good way to try and draw people to some of the more recent videos on the org.

Just to make it clear, this isn't an Org thing persay, this is me. This isn't being backed by any of the other moderators or anything like that. So yeah, I am the evil overlord here. :P

But yeah |:>

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TheAmvChannel

milkmandan
Org Profile

Re: My Experiment: The AMV Channel

Post by milkmandan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:19 pm

Me and a group of friends have been in the streaming scene for a while now, mostly games and stream casts for Japanese Culture related topics (Anime/JPOP/etc).

This is a great idea, but keep in mind stream sites are the same as Youtube, or any other video site. Broadcasting licensed music or video can get your account banned depending on the ToS of the site you are streaming to and whether or not the content you are streaming is allowed for personal streams.

I personally would not use livestream. I hate their service, it costs money to stream in HD, and their broadcasting program is inefficient compared to other programs such as Xsplit, etc.
Image Image

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Yeah, I understand it could be taken down at anytime and such :P

I actually experimented with justin tv first, livestream was nowhere near my first choice. However, not a lot of streaming services offer the tools I require and I need to be able to upload pre-recorded footage. This is not being streamed from my desktop currently.

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Ahhhhh, it makes sense then.
My bad, I didn't know you needed that upload bit.
The closest thing I have, is using Xsplit and the Video Playlist plugin :\ I am still live streaming, but only from a video playlist with videos hosted on my local network.
Image Image

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:35 pm

I think that this is a awesome idea. I plan on live streaming MomoCon's AMV contest in March, so I've been messing around with a program called XSplit. http://www.xsplit.com/

One cool feature that XSplit has is that it allows you to simultaneously stream to multiple channels. For examle, I could stream the same content simultaneously to my UStream channel and your LiveStream channel.

When combined with LiveStream's Production team feature, you will then be able to give people limited access to your channel that will allow them stream content like AMV reviews and LIVE contest screenings whenever you grant them access. http://www.livestream.com/userguide/ind ... ction_Team
Radical_Yue wrote:Yeah, I understand it could be taken down at anytime and such :P

I actually experimented with justin tv first, livestream was nowhere near my first choice. However, not a lot of streaming services offer the tools I require and I need to be able to upload pre-recorded footage. This is not being streamed from my desktop currently.
How about you make the streams password protected in order to add a level of security? This would of course mean that the password would have to be fairly obvious and well known. Simply making the password "AMV" should suffice.

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 pm

kireblue wrote: How about you make the streams password protected in order to add a level of security? This would of course mean that the password would have to be fairly obvious and well known. Simply making the password "AMV" should suffice.
Hmmm, not sure if password protecting the stream would be a good idea, as it might deter people who want to watch but don't know the password.
Just my two cents ;)

And yes, I <3 XSplit, unfortunately it does cost a little bit of money for a license.
Image Image

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Yeah, once I get some more $$$ I'll be exploring quite a bit more options.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:45 pm

milkmandan wrote:
kireblue wrote: How about you make the streams password protected in order to add a level of security? This would of course mean that the password would have to be fairly obvious and well known. Simply making the password "AMV" should suffice.
Hmmm, not sure if password protecting the stream would be a good idea, as it might deter people who want to watch but don't know the password.
Just my two cents ;)

And yes, I <3 XSplit, unfortunately it does cost a little bit of money for a license.
you don't need the license though. The free version works perfectly, and a 3 month Personal license is only $15 (if you really want the better audio feed option).

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Yeah, once I get some more $$$ I'll be exploring quite a bit more options.
I don't even think that you would even need to pay for anything since your channel would only act a a hub. It could be up to each individual streamer to make the decision whether or not they want to pay for their own license.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Always up for this sorta thing. I really liked the dual (video + audience) live stream thing Nate did at Youmacon last weekend.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General AMV”