Shadocon 2012 AMV Contest Deadline Extension--ENDING

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
CosmoP Justy
Org Profile

Shadocon 2012 AMV Contest Deadline Extension--ENDING

Post by CosmoP Justy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:00 am

The deadline for submitting entries to the 2012 Shadocon AMV Contest, which was extended due to technical issue with its online submission system, is set for this Friday, November 9, 2012. If you're interested in submitting any AMVs for the contest, you should do it now! Contest rules can be found at http://www.shadocon.com/control.cfm?ID= ... 9F606AC421.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Re: Shadocon 2012 AMV Contest Deadline Extension--ENDING

Post by Eake4 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:00 am

lol 4 days for submitting.

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Shadocon never even announced their winners on the internet last year. -_-

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:46 pm

trying to submit but under the mycons system it says that the deadline has passed and won't let me enter to upload...is there another way to do so?
ImageImage
ImageImage

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:50 am

Warlike Swans wrote:Shadocon never even announced their winners on the internet last year. -_-
I submitted to a con this year that never announced finalists or winners last year. I agree that something should be done concerning the coordinators of contests that don't bother to let people know if they won or not, but at times I feel bad for the audience if very few quality videos are sent. I may send something, but I have no vested interest in winning at a con I've never heard of that most likely won't have a lot of big name editors submitting to it, so it doesn't bother me not to hear about the winners, so long as the audience has a good set of videos to watch :)! That said, I don't send to every small convention, but when they post on the org and extend deadlines, I take that as a hint that they are in desperate need of entries so I try to send something.

Although the only video I have that hasn't hit my submission limit is Anten Piece, lulz! Sorry audience...
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:24 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote: I submitted to a con this year that never announced finalists or winners last year. I agree that something should be done concerning the coordinators of contests that don't bother to let people know if they won or not, but at times I feel bad for the audience if very few quality videos are sent.
I think that is my one pet peeve out of the bunch that bugs me so much. EXP Con last year didn't announce winners or finalists. It was my first win ever and they never gave out a formal notice, sent out anything to the winners or contacted us in anyway. Shin was nice enough to post the youtube video someone had posted of the awards show. They had everyone riled up for the con this year and then with no other word since may canceled it. People showed up for the con and found out it wasn't there. Disorganized doesn't even begin to cut it I think...
ImageImage
ImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 pm

XviD is your preferred format? Why? Why not H264 or lossless codec... and MPEG1 is ancient at this point. MPEG2 still makes sense. DivX is right out, or should be.

Might send Nakunaide, but not in Xvid/DivX/MPEG1... I might send you a mux of the MPEG2 I sent to AnimeUSA, but I'd prefer you pick a more... recent codec/container combination.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Kionon wrote:XviD is your preferred format? Why?
Because this contest is apparently taking place in 2002 instead of 2012 :grin:
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

CosmoP Justy
Org Profile

Post by CosmoP Justy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:47 pm

SammySamaProductions wrote:trying to submit but under the mycons system it says that the deadline has passed and won't let me enter to upload...is there another way to do so?
To my knowledge, the deadline has been extended and you should be able to upload videos until 11:59 pm Friday evening. Please retry to upload the file and if you can't post here about it or better still contact Shadocon about it.

I posted here about the contest due to the fact that no one from the con bothered to promote the contest as it should have been months ago. I would be very grateful for ANY entries received before the deadline and will do my best to make sure winners are posted online.

As far as file formats are concerned, I've been informed by the developer that the system WILL accept most of preferred file formats that AMV creators are using presently with the known exception being MKV files. Shadocon needs to update their contest rules to reflect this fact. If you cannot upload MP4s or any file format (except MKV), please post here and I'll try to debug the problem.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:51 am

In that case, I'll send Nakunaide, and after that, I'm going to be "retiring" it for the year.

...wait, you have no age limit right? Maybe I'll send something else too.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “AMV Contests”