Shadocon 2012 AMV Contest Deadline Extension--ENDING

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Shadocon 2012 AMV Contest Deadline Extension--ENDING

Postby CosmoP Justy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:00 am

The deadline for submitting entries to the 2012 Shadocon AMV Contest, which was extended due to technical issue with its online submission system, is set for this Friday, November 9, 2012. If you're interested in submitting any AMVs for the contest, you should do it now! Contest rules can be found at http://www.shadocon.com/control.cfm?ID=65&cid=07A6D873-1217-5C2E-5B547E9F606AC421.
CosmoP Justy

Re: Shadocon 2012 AMV Contest Deadline Extension--ENDING

Postby Eake4 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:00 am

lol 4 days for submitting.
Eake4
Australian Zeus

Postby Warlike Swans » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Shadocon never even announced their winners on the internet last year. -_-
Warlike Swans

Postby SammySamaProductions » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:46 pm

trying to submit but under the mycons system it says that the deadline has passed and won't let me enter to upload...is there another way to do so?
ImageImage
ImageImage
SammySamaProductions

Postby l33tmeatwad » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:50 am

Warlike Swans wrote:Shadocon never even announced their winners on the internet last year. -_-

I submitted to a con this year that never announced finalists or winners last year. I agree that something should be done concerning the coordinators of contests that don't bother to let people know if they won or not, but at times I feel bad for the audience if very few quality videos are sent. I may send something, but I have no vested interest in winning at a con I've never heard of that most likely won't have a lot of big name editors submitting to it, so it doesn't bother me not to hear about the winners, so long as the audience has a good set of videos to watch :)! That said, I don't send to every small convention, but when they post on the org and extend deadlines, I take that as a hint that they are in desperate need of entries so I try to send something.

Although the only video I have that hasn't hit my submission limit is Anten Piece, lulz! Sorry audience...
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
l33tmeatwad

Postby SammySamaProductions » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:24 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:I submitted to a con this year that never announced finalists or winners last year. I agree that something should be done concerning the coordinators of contests that don't bother to let people know if they won or not, but at times I feel bad for the audience if very few quality videos are sent.

I think that is my one pet peeve out of the bunch that bugs me so much. EXP Con last year didn't announce winners or finalists. It was my first win ever and they never gave out a formal notice, sent out anything to the winners or contacted us in anyway. Shin was nice enough to post the youtube video someone had posted of the awards show. They had everyone riled up for the con this year and then with no other word since may canceled it. People showed up for the con and found out it wasn't there. Disorganized doesn't even begin to cut it I think...
ImageImage
ImageImage
SammySamaProductions

Postby Athena » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 pm

XviD is your preferred format? Why? Why not H264 or lossless codec... and MPEG1 is ancient at this point. MPEG2 still makes sense. DivX is right out, or should be.

Might send Nakunaide, but not in Xvid/DivX/MPEG1... I might send you a mux of the MPEG2 I sent to AnimeUSA, but I'd prefer you pick a more... recent codec/container combination.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby l33tmeatwad » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Kionon wrote:XviD is your preferred format? Why?

Because this contest is apparently taking place in 2002 instead of 2012 :grin:
l33tmeatwad

Postby CosmoP Justy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:47 pm

SammySamaProductions wrote:trying to submit but under the mycons system it says that the deadline has passed and won't let me enter to upload...is there another way to do so?
To my knowledge, the deadline has been extended and you should be able to upload videos until 11:59 pm Friday evening. Please retry to upload the file and if you can't post here about it or better still contact Shadocon about it.

I posted here about the contest due to the fact that no one from the con bothered to promote the contest as it should have been months ago. I would be very grateful for ANY entries received before the deadline and will do my best to make sure winners are posted online.

As far as file formats are concerned, I've been informed by the developer that the system WILL accept most of preferred file formats that AMV creators are using presently with the known exception being MKV files. Shadocon needs to update their contest rules to reflect this fact. If you cannot upload MP4s or any file format (except MKV), please post here and I'll try to debug the problem.
CosmoP Justy

Postby Athena » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:51 am

In that case, I'll send Nakunaide, and after that, I'm going to be "retiring" it for the year.

...wait, you have no age limit right? Maybe I'll send something else too.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby Athena » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:14 pm

It's 8:15PM and the contest submission says it is already closed. What?

From your rules:

All entries must be received by November 9th at 11:59 pm - no exceptions. This ensures proper judging time.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby l33tmeatwad » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Kionon wrote:It's 8:15PM and the contest submission says it is already closed. What?

From your rules:

All entries must be received by November 9th at 11:59 pm - no exceptions. This ensures proper judging time.

I was too lazy to send anything myself...if they can't handle the submission process well, I wouldn't worry about it...
l33tmeatwad

Postby CosmoP Justy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:06 am

We received three entires sometime during the day, so it has been working. If for some reason anyone couldn't upload before the deadline due to the site refusing to allow it, I'm not sure what the problem was. I will alert the developer about the issues and have him look into what the problem could have been. Apologies for the difficulties.
CosmoP Justy

Postby Athena » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:31 am

This is what I saw at 8PM, and the "click here" button just went to a blank page:

Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby SammySamaProductions » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:40 am

Kionon wrote:This is what I saw at 8PM, and the "click here" button just went to a blank page:

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i50.tinypic.com/9bk7if.png

Had the same problem all week. Poor planning IMO if the contest was to be extended :( was what I was talking about above when I tried to enter :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
SammySamaProductions

Next

Return to AMV Contests