Wings

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Wings

Postby mumsee » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Special thanks to twinsee for making a simple banner for me, telling me I should come here, teaching me how to upload here, being a great editor, always talking when you edit and telling me what you're doing and why, letting me use your computer to make this, and letting me use your silly glowy flashes because they're so pretty.

This is my first amv. The entire video is like an experiment to me, so I don't know if I messed up bad at parts. Therefore, I'd appreciate any and all feedback, whatever you'd like to throw at me, because I'm interested in what errors you see. I also encoded the video myself since my sister wasn't here, so I just went off memory. I'm sorry if the quality is terrible.
Thank you. :)
mumsee

Re: Wings

Postby Taite » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Silly! You're quite welcome. :P You're definitely bound to outgrow me though, I can tell. You picked up on everything so quick, and hardly needed my help to figure things out. Through your experimentation I can see you have a lot of original ideas and knack for what looks good and doesn't. For a first amv, I'm just so impressed. I know you want to start getting into more comical/upbeat amvs, but you should probably just do what I say and make all the drama/sentimental amvs I want to make, because it'd be practically the same lmfao.
And I already told you everything I don't like either, but it seems kind of insignificant.
Wish you didn't have to leave today. Make sure you call me when you get home. Love you, mums. <3
Image Image
Taite

Postby mumsee » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:24 am

Well, I had a lot of help I think :P But comedy is next! Thanks for the lovely comment chicka, I'll talk to you soon.
mumsee

Postby Pwolf » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:01 pm

I will repeat a bit of what I said on taite's youtube:

Great job... really. I enjoyed this video a lot. Looking forward to seeing more stuff from you.

Taite wrote:you should probably just do what I say and make all the drama/sentimental amvs I want to make, because it'd be practically the same

I'd be ok with this :awesome:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Sephirothishere » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Great job... really. I enjoyed this video a lot. Looking forward to seeing more stuff from you.

2x :p

Great audio and video source btw, love 'em both! :D
Sephirothishere

Postby lloyd9988 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:15 pm

best first AMV of the year award??
~Yo~
lloyd9988

Postby Kisagi » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:30 am

I love it, especially since it's with one of my favorite animes. Great job :up:
Kisagi

Postby mumsee » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Thank you all for the kind comments o:
mumsee

Postby Kain-x-spirits » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:22 am

Really good for a first amv. I wish my first was like that too -_-
A bit too long, but since I love this anime it didn't bother me that much the first time i've watched it.

Keep it up :up:
Kain-x-spirits

Postby mumsee » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:16 am

Thank you :)
mumsee

Postby Athena » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Agreed, never would have thought this was a first AMV, but then most first time editors don't have someone who is already established as a tutor. Taite probably kept you from making many of the mistakes we made because we didn't know any better.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby mumsee » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:31 pm

She actually never talked to me while I was editing or gave me any critique haha. But being able to watch her edit definitely helped, and she taught me how to use the program before I jumped in. Without her I am sure I wouldn't have even finished!
Thank you :)
mumsee

Postby AimoAio » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:28 pm

I think I can see a little of Taite's influence in this video, especially in the editing where it seems to have this soft serene feel to it that I usually get from her videos which is very nice. <3 A really impressive first AMV also. I hate cookie cutters when they're used badly but they actually looked great and blended well at the start and around the midsection of the AMV. The only thing I didn't quite like was the way you used them to end the video, I felt like a black background would have given it a much more ending-like feeling than the blurred black and white scene. But it's a really minor thing so don't worry too much about it. I still enjoyed it. :up:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby mumsee » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:03 am

Yes, I definitely did. I like the way she does her more slower/sentimental type videos, so it was easy to be able to implement some similar techniques to make it look better. For my future videos, since they're a different genre than what she normally does, I don't imagine I'll be able to get away with it so easily :P . Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind while experimenting with cookie cutters in the future. :)
mumsee

Postby Milk Or Life! » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:43 pm

I really enjoyed this <3 Good stuff :up:
GO MAGIC CARP USE SPLASH ATTACK.
Milk Or Life!
Strawberry Pie

Next

Return to AMV Announcements