Anime Crossroads 2012 MV Contest *winners*

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Anime Crossroads 2012 MV Contest *winners*

Post by Fay-Sa » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Spoiler :
The Anime Crossroads Fan Music Video contest. A wonderful opportunity for editors of all skill levels to display and compete with their video editing and story telling abilities.

Well after some discussion there are a few changes this year.

Who can enter?
The contest is open to all participants. Although it is strongly encouraged participants in the contest be attendees, attendance is not a requirement for entry. The only exclusion for entry is the direct staff / judges of the Anime Crossroads MV staff. All other Anime Crossroads staff are allowed and encouraged to enter. Please read and understand all the rules listed below. If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to email your questions to the Anime Crossroads MV coordinator ( all contact information will be listed at the very end)

What can I enter?
A video production work of editing, mixing audio sources(any audio, mainly music) and video sources.There are no content requirements for this contest. Your videos may contain any type of footage you see fit to use, provided it doesn’t fall into one of the categories for disqualification.

The allowable footage types include but not limited to the following:
* Anime
* Manga
* Video games(both Japanese and Non-Japanese)
* Live Action
* Non-Japanese Cartoons(Avatar The Last Airbender/Korra, My Little Pony, ect...)

Each person is only allowed to send in 3 videos. If your part of a MEP you wish to send and already hit the 3 video limit please message me and we'll discuss from there. Also all videos submitted in previous contest are not allowed. While not a rule if your video has won more then 3 major awards in other AMV/MV Contest before entering Anime Crossroads I strongly suggest sending another video instead. This way we get to see more new content. However I'm not going to say you can't enter if that the only video you want to enter.

Where can I enter?
At this time we are only accepting digital entries via file sending sites such as http://www.sendspace.com or other such sites that do not require a membership to download the files or thru your own web hosting site. For more information please look at our “How do I Enter?” section of the rules.

As the contest will be judged prior to the convention, no entries can be accepted at Anime Crossroads in person.

When can I enter?
Video submissions will be accepted starting NOW!!!!
Entries will be accepted until November 25th, 2012

How do I enter?
Entry Form
To enter your video, you must submit a completed entry form along with each of your video entries. If you enter multiple videos, you must complete multiple entry forms, one form for each video you submit
Please create a simple TXT file with the following information in it:
Full Address:
Phone Number w/ area code:
Working Email Address:
----------
Editor Name (your real name if you do not use a pseudonym):
Member Name at http://www.animemusicvideos.org (if any):
Studio Name (if any):
Video Title:
Video Source (if 3 or more, you may list as ‘various’):
Audio Source Title:
Audio Source Artist:
Note: if submitting a multi-editor project, list all the editors in the Real Name and Editor Name sections in order above, with the contact person as the first person listed. For the Address, phone number, and email address, only the contact person’s information is required.
Save the above as a TXT file and name it as stated below in the File Naming Convention section below.

Electronic Entries
For electronic submissions, please email your completed entry form(s) to the Across MV Coordinator (all contact information will be listed at the very end). If your entry is not received in a timely manor, you can then be contacted about your entry.

Enter via Upload:
If you are entering electronically via public file-serving sites, please compress your video and completed entry form together into one file using either a ZIP or RAR compression format prior to uploading it to the site. Please limit one entry (video and entry form) per compressed file – if you are submitting multiple entries, please upload multiple compressed files for ease of documentation of your entries. Once you have uploaded your file, email the location to the Across AMV Coordinator (all contact information will be listed at the very end).

File Naming Convention
All video files and completed entry forms submitted must be named in the following format:
Creator – title – music artist – music title – anime source . file type
Creator – your editor name (or real name if you prefer)
Title – the title of your video (if any)
Music artist – Artist / group name of the song used in the video, or if using another audio source type, source of the audio file (e.g. – ‘The Dark Knight’ movie trailer)
Music title – title of the song, or identifying segment for the audio if not using a musical source
File type – the type of video container you are using (MPG, AVI, WMV, etc), or TXT for your entry form
This means that both your video and your completed entry form will be named exactly the same, with the exception of the file type at the end.

Video Entry Requirements

Blank Space - Please provide a minimum of 3 seconds of black video / no audio both before and after your video.
Bumpers, title screens, credits, or any other form of creator / footage / audio identification are not allowed: We will be adding custom title screens to identify each video so there really isn’t a need for them on your submitted files, so please remove them.
The running time for videos may not exceed 6 minutes or be shorter then 25 seconds.

Video Formats:
Preferred format - MPEG2. The Across contest will be designed to run off a DVD player, so the preferred format for video submissions this year will be MPEG2. Please use the following profile:
MPEG-2 Profile:
Resolution: 720 x 480, hard-letterboxed if using widescreen footage
Framerate: 29.97fps
Audio: MP2 at 48khz, stereo audio only, 224 kbps or higher, no variable audio bit rates
Video: 8000 kbit/s max, progressive

NOTE: please do not send in authored DVD video files, just send the MPEG2 computer file.

Other accepted formats:
Anime Crossroads will be accepting non-MPEG2 formatted entries for the contest. Please note that all non-MPEG2 entries will be converted to MPEG-2 using the profile given above.

For maximum control of the output of your videos, it is highly suggested that you do the MPEG2 conversion yourself – but if you can’t, we’ll do the conversion for you. We will do our best to preserve the highest quality of your video / audio, however we cannot guarantee the final output of the converted files.

Non-MPEG-2 Profile:
Resolution: 640x480 is the recommended minimum
Framerate: 23.976 / 24 fps or 29.97 / 30 fps
Audio: any suitable audio format per your container files at a suitably high (192 kbps or higher) bitrate.
AVI containers using the following codecs – DIVX, XVID, HuffYUV, Lagarith, DV-AVI, or the standard compliment of codecs installed by Windows.
WMV - Please follow the resolution/sound rules above for any Windows Media format. Please make sure the video is UNLOCKED, and use high bitrates for better quality. Better still would be to output to DV-AVI and submit this instead (or use this to convert to MPEG2 yourself).
MP4 is also allowed.

Awards:

Since there are no categories at this time there will only be 4 awards:

Staff's Choice
Staff's Choice Runner-up
Fan's Choice
Fan's Choice Runner-up
Director's Choice

Also there is the award of just being able to see your creation on the big screen.

I will also note that if you are not there to receive your award it will be mailed to you as soon as possible. This is still new and it taking awhile to get things going so apologizes that it taken a awhile.

Final Notes

By submitting your video to this contest you authorize Anime Crossroad staff to screen and distribute it under the Anime Crossroad MV contest title. Anime Crossroad staff reserves the right to disqualify entries for any reason deemed necessary to protect the overall quality and integrity of the event. Entries may be disqualified for any of the following reasons: Objectionable content in the song or video (does not adhere to PG-13 standards), bad audio or video quality, watermarks, subtitled footage that does not apply to the content of the submission, failure to adhere to submission rules, or any reason the contest staff deems necessary. If you are unsure if your video would be disqualified due to the above rule e-mail the contest coordinator and we can view the content of your video and make a decision.
Anime Crossroad MV contest forum:

Entry Checklist

Does your video meet the video profile requirements?
Did you include 3 seconds of black video / no audio both before and after your video?
Did you fill out your entry form?
Are your video and entry form named in the following format?
Creator – title – music artist – music title – anime source . file type
Did you email your entry form to the Anime Crossroads MV Coordinator?
Did you compress as a ZIP or RAR file your video and entry form (one entry per file)?
Did you upload the compressed file to a public file-serving site and email the link to the Across MV Coordinator?

Sorry, guess it wasn't as simple as I thought it out to be. Remember if you have any question about anything above, please feel free to contact the Anime Crossroads 2010 MV coordinator

Shawnel Malone(AKA Fay-Sa)
acrossamv@gmail.com
Spoiler :
Congrats to the lucky finalist.
(this is also the order of appearance in the contest which was done at random)

#1-JaddziaDaz-I'm With You
#2-Skye Dread-Gurren Feeling
#3-GloryQuestor-Ba-An-Oh!
#4-Emong - Limerence
#5-SatoshiSakura - Wish
#6-TritioAFB - Let me Know
#7-Drew Brisco - 7 Days
#8-macchinainterna - Party Animal
#9-AimoAio-Tales
#10-Warlike Cygnet-Fruit of the Sea
#11-JaddziaDax-Starlight
#12-Vivifx-PonyNote
#13-Emong - Break Me
#14-Amo-Chan-Will I Need Fandom Rehab After This
#15-macchinainterna - Running on the Ragged Edge 2
#16-NicoleParker-PonPon
#17-qyll - Animegraphy 2012

Good Luck
Staff's Choice's runner up: #1-JaddziaDaz-I'm With You
Fan Favorite runner up: #2-Skye Dread-Gurren Feeling

Staff's Choice: #7- Drew Brisco - 7 Days
Fan Favorite: #12-Vivifx-PonyNote
Dirctor's Choice: #17-qyll - Animegraphy 2012

Congrates to all the winners.
Last edited by Fay-Sa on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Re: Anime Crossroads 2012 MV Contest

Post by Emong » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:20 pm

I failed to fulfill my promise of sending anything last year but, as you already know, I'm making up for it this year :3

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Emong wrote:I failed to fulfill my promise of sending anything last year but, as you already know, I'm making up for it this year :3
Yep you sure did =)

However still in need of more submissions so everyone send your videos this way please!

Dvl-Jigen
Org Profile

Post by Dvl-Jigen » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:22 am

Can it be one that we've already made and uploaded to the Org? If so I'd love to enter my latest video in this.
Retired AMV editor/NOT retired AMV Coordinator

Anime California 2015, 2016, 2018 AMV/CMV Coordinator
Hanadoki Con 2016, 2017 AMV Coordinator
Anime Conji 2018 AMV Coordinator
Hentai Con 2018 Assistant HMV Coordinator

Digital Video Lazyness. Yeah, that sounds about right

It's D.V.L Not Devil -__-

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:40 am

Dvl-Jigen wrote:Can it be one that we've already made and uploaded to the Org? If so I'd love to enter my latest video in this.
Umm...Yea...this isn't a new video/contest exclusive only contest and if it was it would have been stated in the rules. However you still have to send me the file using a file sharing site and not from the org unless you have a link for cons versions. Also be sure to fallow the rules when submitting the video.

EllipseIris
Org Profile

Post by EllipseIris » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:17 am

is this actually real? a contest where you can send live action stuff? *selects her best MVs* <3 <3 <3

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:39 pm

EllipseIris wrote:is this actually real? a contest where you can send live action stuff? *selects her best MVs* <3 <3 <3
Yep

(late reply is really late ;^_^)

Not only Live Action but anything as long as it stays within PG-13.

Also to everyone, just a fyi you can send your entries via your own ftp or a file sharing site like sendspace.com.

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Re: Anime Crossroads 2012 MV Contest *4 days left*

Post by Fay-Sa » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:26 am

bah I haven't been paying attention to the dates. Anyway just 4 days left and I'll be accept entries till 11:59PM EST on Nov. 25th.

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Re: Anime Crossroads 2012 MV Contest *Last Day till 11:59 PM

Post by Fay-Sa » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:47 am

Last Day till 11:59 PM

firehead099
Org Profile

Re: Anime Crossroads 2012 MV Contest *Last Day till 11:59 PM

Post by firehead099 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi!
Quick question, will we recieve an email back telling us that you recieved our entries?
Just wondered since I entered mine a while ago and haven't recieved anything like that.
Plus wanted to be sure I don't lose my chance of entering ^^'
Thanks

Return to “AMV Contests”