Nekocon AMV Contest 2012 Finalist posted

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
lilith2003tr
Org Profile

Nekocon AMV Contest 2012 Finalist posted

Post by lilith2003tr » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi again everyone and welcome newcomers. Once again last year was a hit. We saw alot of great video and already many videos have been pouring in for 2012. Elvis is back again as AMV Department Head this year. For the most part everything is the same as they have been the last couple years. But for a refresher I want to post this years rules. If you have any questions or want to submit a video please contact AMV@nekocon.com.

Once a fan has a clear vision of how a song and the anime they love are linked, the battle has just begun. Countless hours and endless amounts of caffeine are quaffed as these rare fans set to work hunting down source material, syncing DVDs, listening to the same music tracks for hours and hours upon end, screaming at computer monitors and generally living in a state of dementia until the final product is born.

To help ensure their creations can look their best and can be enjoyed by all, we have some rules and guidelines. Good Luck!

Rules for Music Video Submission:

These rules are subject to change without notice and will be updated throughout the year.

Our preferred format is MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 at 720×480 resolution, at 29.97 fps, at an audio frequency of 48khz. All submissions that are shown during the contest will be mastered to DVD, and thus some submissions may be transcoded to comply with the mastered DVD format. The Anime Music Video staff will not be held responsible for any degradation or loss in quality resulting from transcoding digital submissions. A 30 day free MPEG-2 encoder can be found here: http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tpfree.html

Please do not send any video files with a bitrate of over 9000kbps (insert DBZ joke here) or anything encoded with AC3 audio. Please do not send videotape, VCD, SVCD or DVD-video formatted media, as we will not accept it.

All video submissions should be about five minutes or less. While we will accept videos that go over the five minute mark, the longer it goes the less likely it will be accepted.

Video entries are limited to two per contestant.

Any anime source used which contains more than twenty seconds total of dialog from the anime itself cannot be considered for a submission, due to copyright entanglements we’d like to avoid. This includes both original Japanese dialogue and English dubbed dialogue.

Please refrain from using bumpers where possible. Custom bumpers will be added at the beginning of each entry, displaying the competitor’s information including name, entry title, song title, and other general information.

Any videos with watermarks (such as a TV channel’s logo) will not be accepted.

Any anime source used which contains subtitles will not be accepted.

Video entries that were entered in the previous year’s contest will not be accepted.

By request of the following bands we will not accept any submissions that use music from the bands Evanescence, Seether or Creed.

CATEGORIES:

This year there will be 3 standard categories and 2 special categories. The standard categories for this year’s contest are as follows:

ACTION
DRAMA & ROMANCE
COMEDY & UPBEAT

This year’s special categories will be:

FAN FAVORITE
NON-COMPETING

All videos will be automatically entered in the FAN FAVORITE category except for those marked as NON-COMPETING. Please indicate which of the standard categories (ACTION, DRAMA & ROMANCE or COMEDY & UPBEAT) you are submitting your video in. Submissions that arrive un-categorized will have a category selected by the AMV Staff.

DISQUALIFICATIONS:

All submissions will be reviewed by AMV Contest staff to determine the submission’s qualification status. Any video found to have overly explicit language, sexual situations or nudity will be removed from the contest and the contestant will be notified. We reserve the right to refuse your video for any reason, be it nudity, foul language/subject matter, copyright infringement or anything else. Please be tasteful and remember, if we can only show your video after midnight, it’s not going to appear in the contest.

VOTING:

Once qualification status has been verified, a panel of judges will review the AMV submissions to determine its placement in the ACTION, DRAMA & ROMANCE or COMEDY & UPBEAT categories.

All videos submitted will then be automatically entered into the FAN FAVORITE category, which will be determined by audience participation at the convention during the AMV Contest showings. All FAN FAVORITE votes will be collected at the end of each showing and tabulated after the final showing.

All winners will be announced during the convention and posted on our website & forums, including our Facebook & Twitter feeds. Please refer to the Nekocon Convention Schedule for announcement times. If a winner is not present, we will mail their prize to them. Due to rising costs, we will no longer mail prizes to addresses outside of the United States.

SUBMITTING:

Should you wish to submit your video digitally, please send an email to amv@nekocon.com with the following information:

Your name (this will appear on the voting ballot)
Your address (This will be used to send you any prize you may win)
Your E-mail address (this is critical if we need to contact you for anything)
Title of your work (what you would like your video to be called, this will appear on the voting ballot)
Name of the source video (if multiple sources were used, say “VARIOUS”)
Name of the soundtrack
Name of the performing artist
The category you are entering. (Only one category per entry, please)

Once we have an email with this information, we will reply with further instructions on how to digitally submit to us.

Should you choose to submit your entry via standard mail, please include all the above submission information and mail to this address:

NekoCon
Attn: AMV Contest
26 Towne Center Way #803
Hampton, VA 23666

Please do not mail your entry with a signature required method as we often pick up our mail after operating hours. It will slow down our ability to pick up your entry.

We cannot accept any video submissions via email or YouTube!

If you want your video returned, email us at amv@nekocon.com to make arrangements with us before the convention. Any videos submisions not claimed by the end of the convention will become property of Nekocon.

All entries must be postmarked by September 1st, 2012. Digital submissions must be uploaded no later than September 5th, 2012. Late entries or at-the-door entries will not be accepted. Nekocon cannot be held responsible for damaged, lost, or misdirected mail, or corrupted file transfers.

The NekoCon AMV contest rules are subject to change with or without notice.
Last edited by lilith2003tr on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lilith2003tr
Org Profile

Re: Nekocon AMV Contest 2012 Deadline September 1st

Post by lilith2003tr » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Attention! The deadline for entries has been changed to October 1st, 2012. So continue to send in your entries! Thank you and good luck!

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:39 pm

** bump for greater justice **

For those among you going to Nekocon (Hampton, VA - November 2-4) who are AMV creators, the contest needs YOU!
October 1 is the new extended submission date.
That means there isn't much time left.
All the information is here: http://www.nekocon.com/?page_id=84
I know at least a few of you out there are feeling an itch to compete again... ;)
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:00 am

lilith2003tr wrote:Attention! The deadline for entries has been changed to October 1st, 2012. So continue to send in your entries! Thank you and good luck!
You may want to update the subject line on the original post to reflect the changed deadline.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

lilith2003tr
Org Profile

Post by lilith2003tr » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:58 pm

Hello!

We're closing in on Nekocon 2012 (less than 1 weeks away!), and we're busy putting the final touches on this year's AMV Contest! We received lots of entries this year, thank you all so much! After lots of reviewing, our judges have selected the finalists for this year's contest. We wish we could show them all, but we just don't have the time! Each of these submissions will be on the ballot this year that you'll receive at the door to main events on Friday at 6PM and Saturday at 12:30pm. We'll tally up the votes and present the winners during Closing Ceremonies. We'll also have a repeat showing on Sunday @ 1pm in Panel room 1.

Without further ado (and in no particular order):

Brad DeMoss "Men"

SinKatt "Can't Hug Every Cat"

VivifxAMV "PonyNote"

Drabaz "Hands Up!"

Shatter Sky "Monster Feeling" and "Gurren Feeling"

Renato Sebasian Hernandez Guamán "Dreamer"

L33tMeatwad "Sorry for being Hercule, Sincerely Mr. Satan"

SammySama Productions "One More" and "The Time Traveler's Wife"

Nasir Curry "Unresolved Feelings: Naruto's Complicated Life"

Shawnel Malone "Where Silence Falls"

Brakus Media "Yer Guns, Put Them On" and "Let's Go, Straw Hats"

Michael Lewis "Forgotten Pair"

Nicole Parker "Sparkling Demons"

SatoshiSakura "Coup d'état" and "Wish"

Z. Ysoof "A King's Story"

Kaitlin Burris "I Was A Heavy Heart to Carry" and "Echo"

Kaylee Hall "Less Than Perfect"

StarTrinity009 "Love & Mermaids" and "Beyond The Slope"

Moonbunnychan "Bitter Sweet Beats"

Veronica Blanco "Promises"

Congratulations to our finalists, and a special thank you again to everybody who entered! See you at the con!

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Re: Nekocon AMV Contest 2012 Finalist posted

Post by SammySamaProductions » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:23 pm

awesome! I look forward to competing again this year! Hope everyone enjoies the competition. :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Yay! I'm in finals again at home! :)
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

NepNep
Org Profile

Post by NepNep » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Awesome my trailer made it to the finals! Thank you ^-^

SinKatt
Org Profile

Post by SinKatt » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:45 pm

This is my first time entering an AMV contest not held in my home state, and also my first time entering a contest where Finalists were actually chosen.
I'm so excited that I made it! : )

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:40 am

Can't wait for the winners to be posted. *crosses fingers*
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”