[Anime Evo - BEST ROMANCE SENTIMENTAL] 泣くないで (Don't Cry)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Retirement is for Chumps (or, How I Spent My 29th Birthd

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:09 pm

I'd suggest cutting the bit at the end off when submitting it to cons in the future. It breaks the completeness of the video and looks like shameless pandering.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:54 am

AquaSky wrote:That was very sweet. I'm sure they would have liked to see this. :up:
Thanks, Akwar. |:>
mexicanjunior wrote:Cool vid, solid editing, pacing and transitions were good. I hate the song and wasn't familiar with the anime at all. Friend story made sense and the dedication at the end was very nice. Gangum style clip at the very end was funny also...
I'm a big fan of The Corrs, so I have a hard time imagining how anyone could hate the song… But, then, I can't stand death metal, so… And yeah, I guess you could see it as just the friendship, but after the end of the series they start dating. Which is why I tended to submit this to romance. For people who have seen the series, the underlying romantic context should be clear… <3

As for the Gangnam Style clip, well, I thought it was funny but…
BasharOfTheAges wrote:I'd suggest cutting the bit at the end off when submitting it to cons in the future. It breaks the completeness of the video and looks like shameless pandering.
…you may be right, Bashar. That said, the idea of me pandering to con audiences is hilarious. When was the last time I even knew what series the con audiences were watching, let alone how to pander to them? If anyone would seriously think of this as shameless pandering, well, they don't know a kio vid when it slaps them across the face, do they?

:awesome:
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re:

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:37 am

Kionon wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:I'd suggest cutting the bit at the end off when submitting it to cons in the future. It breaks the completeness of the video and looks like shameless pandering.
…you may be right, Bashar. That said, the idea of me pandering to con audiences is hilarious. When was the last time I even knew what series the con audiences were watching, let alone how to pander to them? If anyone would seriously think of this as shameless pandering, well, they don't know a kio vid when it slaps them across the face, do they?

:awesome:
Any reputible con will prescreen with all identifying information removed. A lot of them use people who are familiar with videos, but wouldn't know individual editors from a hole in the ground.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Re: Re:

Post by Kionon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:42 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Any reputible con will prescreen with all identifying information removed. A lot of them use people who are familiar with videos, but wouldn't know individual editors from a hole in the ground.
You know I know that, right? :roll:

The point was, just because people believe it is shameless pandering doesn't mean it is. That said, you're probably right, and maybe I'll cut it off. It's already been sent to like five or six conventions at this point, so it's kind of nearing its seasonal end. New crap is planned for 2013...
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Now with more BEST ROMANCE SENTIMENTAL and "Your Two Moms Award" winning action!
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”