SO... I'll have another beer
LA... I'll have another beer
TEA... no, thanks, I'm drinking beer
That will bring us back to (looks into empty glass) D'OH!"

Freako
Org Profile

hosting

Post by Freako » Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:29 am

hosting will be a thing of the past .. err. in the future ..

mark my words ... its only a matter of time before some anime company or ...GOD FORBID ... the RIAA decides that this is robbing them in some way ....

there is always some ahole who just loves to F things up.

just check it out.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... php?t=6905

Daimao
Org Profile

Post by Daimao » Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:56 pm

www.smartftp.com
freeware ftp client for personal, educational, and non-commercial use
win32
Hitokiri Daimao
Network God and BOFH
Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

Flea Of Terror
Org Profile

Post by Flea Of Terror » Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:56 am

Just thought I would let everyone know.
I can host your videos for you, and yes, there is a small fee.

My website used to be www.anime-nation.com for anyone who remembers it. It is now www.worldofruin.com, and currently has nothing but a small front page logo on it. But, it's got a high speed connection. Downloads are usally around 40-80K or so.

I ask $5 a month for up to 5 videos, of any format or size (Anything larger then 150megs is a little extreme though). There is no limit on the amount of data transfered, but I do monitor it and try not to piss my hosting company off. With peaks of about 35gigs in a month of transfer before, they have yet to say anything.

I can take mo/cc/paypal.

Best way to get a hold of me is by e-mail at videogamesdvd@hotmail.com

Satori
Org Profile

Post by Satori » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:26 pm

I think in the first post your-site.com was mentioned. I had a little trouble with them. I couldn't get it to dl anything. I even tried zipping one pic for a test, but it would always say server not found or whatnot. Then when trying to cancel it took about 15 days. When I emailed them about it again to remind them, I got a response that they'd contact me when it was done. They never did. I only found out because I checked my credit card. No cancellation confirmation or anything. *shrug* maybe someone else had better luck with them.

DeathNinja42
Org Profile

Post by DeathNinja42 » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:15 pm

Could someone check out http://www.ipowerweb.com/ and tell me whether or not this seems like a good service for hosting AMVs? I've never done this before so it would be much appreciated, thanks :)

V3n0m
Org Profile

Post by V3n0m » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:38 am

i'm still having problems with my webhost, internet solutions... first they rip my site down for copyright infringment (i'm guessin the music vids cuz everything else was of a illegal DBZ fansite, (aka no full eps or movies) then they took my DN now i got my DN but the friggin server wont let me log on with the given information, DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!!!

Any free webhosts that aren't bad, that will allow AMV's? anybody know? like 8m.com but i need more than 8m, multiple accounts is possible. if free of coarse
Balance is the Universe
and universe is province
Ever Stare Directly into a SaiyanZ Eye?
http://www.saiyanz-venom.com

The Nerd Wonder
Org Profile

Post by The Nerd Wonder » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:56 pm

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Golden Donut/Dangling Carrot. You know, the free video hosting on this website. Granted, it'll be about another month before wide use of it is allowed, but it's there. I just uploaded one of my vids.

Gunblade-SF
Org Profile

Post by Gunblade-SF » Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:18 pm

Okay, can anyone help me out? I've just started making AMVs and have got three done already (havent seen many others to compare so I can't say if theyre any good or not) Ive been using windows movie maker to make them so they are all in WMV formatt. Can anyone tell me whats the best format for hoting AMVs in cos Ive read around that WMV is a bit crappy. Also, as I am a student in the UK i'm running on a 56k, I have little money and no credit card so any suggestions on sites which could host my vids cheaply would be great. Apologies for the newbieish question but, well, i am a newbie :)
So sephiroth comes up to me and says "In my veins courses the blood of the Ancients" and I'm like "yeahwhatever!"

Farmboybob
Org Profile

Post by Farmboybob » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:49 pm

Ok this may sound like a stupid question, but how do I upload my AMV onto the carrot here? I need to know if I have to put my AMV on a webpage first so I can up load it onto the carrot and if so, is there a free webpage hosting site that allows you to hold files that are 30 megs?
Thanks! :)

Return to “General AMV”