Pendulum - Sword Art Online

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
BaconBitsAMV
Org Profile

Pendulum - Sword Art Online

Post by BaconBitsAMV » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:58 am

This is my First AMV ever, didnt realy know what i was doing, but its still enjoyable i guess.

BaconBitsAMV
Org Profile

Re: Pendulum - Sword Art Online

Post by BaconBitsAMV » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:04 pm

bump

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:15 am

It's a typical first amv with random scenes with no sync, and nothing really flows with the song(And that is to be expected). Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not trying to bash you in any way. I'm actually really forgiving when it comes to inexperienced editors. But, you still have a lot to learn in terms of sync, flow, scene selection, mood, and if possible creating some sort of a concept for your amv.

I've given this advice to all the new editors, and I'll repeat the same here. The best way to improve is to watch other good editors work, and learn from it. When you feel you have grasped the concept of sync, flow, scene selection and mood, then you can apply those to your work, and it will hopefully turn out something good. You don't really have to stress your self to be perfect at any of those things, but again it will help make your amv's more entertaining to watch. But most importantly, you should have fun while editing! =]

BaconBitsAMV
Org Profile

Post by BaconBitsAMV » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:16 am

yep, certainly, ive been working on a new AMV for my third and am hoping i will have addressed these things, its sometimes hard to create a story out of an anime which is not loosely based on the actual anime, which means it usually requires someone to have seen the anime to understand what is happening. this being said my next one will be along those lines but will have short snipet stories so they arent just all random clips that mean nothing, hopefully the meaning can come through or at least be entertaining and somewhat followable for someone that hasnt seen the anime.
now that im using premier and not vitualdub for this i will have gotten my sync between clips and music rythm down solid, flow is addressed thru beat and small snipet scenes and mood will reflect the song i have chosen which is suits the anime very well. with some effects and transistion but not to go overboard i hope people are happy with it when i finish.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”