Need Help Cleaning This Source [Pics Inside]

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Re: Need Help Cleaning This Source [Pics Inside]

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:38 pm

mirkosp wrote:I think a better way to "denoise" this would be to deband it in a smart way in combo with removegrain, actually. That should retain more details while tuning down most of the more noticeable grain.
Something like this:

Code: Select all

removegrain(21)
gradfun3(0.25,elast=6,thr_det=20)
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.abload.de/img/0rggf3n0vpbd.png
Which doesn't completely remove the grain, just calms it down to more acceptable levels. Some finer details will be killed though. I gave other filters a quick try, but they were way too strong for this anyway.
Though, once upscaled, this is still bad to look at. Not much you can do about that.
Damn. And this is a direct DVD Rip from my collection. It's El Hazard 2. I was just hoping to use the Kiss scene between Shayla Shayla and Princess Fatora posing as Makoto. Like I said. The scene I originally linked was the worst of them all.

I wish they would remaster the entire El Hazard Series. It's one of my fav all time anime. Not to mention Shayla Shayla is my favorite anime character in all of history. Don't ask me why, Not quite sure myself. But she always has been since I originally saw the anime back in the good ole days.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:45 am

If it's just one scene you need, I think you might want to give vectoring/photoshop a try. Basically, redraw the scene frame by frame so that it's properly detailed at 720p. Assuming you're doing multianime and that's the only scene you need from an SD source, you might need to do, what... 20 frames or so tops? Depends on the framerate of the animation, but yeah, assuming roughly 10-12 actual fps animation and a couple seconds long scene, it sounds about right and feasible.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:06 am

mirkosp wrote:If it's just one scene you need, I think you might want to give vectoring/photoshop a try. Basically, redraw the scene frame by frame so that it's properly detailed at 720p. Assuming you're doing multianime and that's the only scene you need from an SD source, you might need to do, what... 20 frames or so tops? Depends on the framerate of the animation, but yeah, assuming roughly 10-12 actual fps animation and a couple seconds long scene, it sounds about right and feasible.
I got it taken care of. Thanks for the help. Sorry for being a pester.

Also, what's a good filter for gettign rid of artifacting? I"m asking for another source now.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:23 am

That's not too easy to reply if you don't specify which artifact... but I guess perhaps smoothd2 does a good job at covering generic smoothing needs? Worked well to handle blocking, noise, and ringing, for me.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:43 pm

mirkosp wrote:That's not too easy to reply if you don't specify which artifact... but I guess perhaps smoothd2 does a good job at covering generic smoothing needs? Worked well to handle blocking, noise, and ringing, for me.
Umm, it kinda looks like a pencil traced outline of the character is there after the character moves from that spot. That kinda thing.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Uhm... you mean it's blended? If it's anything close to blending, then you really can't get rid of it without Photoshop or the likes, I'm afraid.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”