The Happy Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by Pwolf » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Had an interview this morning. I think it went really well. They seemed pretty enthusiastic. Hope it works out. Wont know few a week or two.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:47 am

You got this, Scott :up:

As for me, my supervisor called in today which means no meeting! :D I loves my job lots but I hate her face :3 Then I have tomorrow off and get paid! |:>

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:32 am

All in all, a pretty good day/Halloween. It was well spent for sure.

Slept at 5AM the night before, and started my day at 7AM, when my friend called me and woke me up to go to the Giants parade.

So me and 4 of my friends are at the parade, and we're also trying to meet up some of our other friends. But they were on the opposite side of us, and almost everything was barracaded. We did try going around the whole area to get to them, but the parade was about to start so everything was now closed off. We ended up in an extremely crowded area, and so we had to push our way through everybody to get a good spot. We eventually gave up, so we couldn't really see that well. The parade was worth it, except I've probably lost days off my life from all that secondhand smoke lol. Stupid people kept fighting and would push for no reason, but meh, expected.

I was able to get some pictures of the players, but they're not very good :(

After the parade, me and two other friends made posters/signs for some of my lovely volleyball ladies, who are having their senior night game tomorrow. Went to eat with those two, and one of them left after. After that, my friend and I went over to my friend's house (who is pretty much my neighbor also) 'cause he was having a Halloween horror movie night. Got there a bit late, but saw the last half of Paranormal Activity 3 (which was okay/pretty good). Dressed up as a soccer player (didn't have money for a costume, so I improvised LOL), and ended up not even going out-out because it was raining.

Yay!
ImageImage

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:42 am

:up: woo giants

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:14 am

Pwolf wrote::up: woo giants
here are the pics if u want to see LOL. they're really crappy tho :| -__-

http://i.imgur.com/zPF56.jpg random pic of crowd
http://i.imgur.com/NOujL.jpg hunter pence
http://i.imgur.com/teDVN.jpg brian wilson
http://i.imgur.com/GJR3s.jpg buster posey
ImageImage

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:34 am

:up: :o

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:34 am

Had a very fun/interesting time last night handing out candy at the local church. Fun because I got to spend time with family/friends and get to see lots of interesting costumes, and interesting because I know they all secretly think I'm insane for my various moral/political beliefs that don't coincide with the church's. They kept poking me all night for answers to hot-button topics, waiting for me to explode crazy all over them. XD

Oh, and hot damn at leftover candy. Chocolate. <3

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:10 am

I had a good halloween, I went trick or treating with the kids (didn't get any candy myself, but I dressed up), feet still hurt.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 am

So I'd been procrastinating for weeks on applying for a teaching gig I really wanted. It's for this awesome department that I worked as a TA for a year before, and is an opportunity for me to teach full-time. Unlike my own department, they are actually very organized and super-easy to deal with, and all of the other teachers there are really nice people and always seemed to be on the same page as me in terms of teaching.
By now I figured that the job would be already taken, being November and all...

Suddenly, before I even write or say anything, THEY email me today out of nowhere and are like, "Hey George, do you want this job? We'd love to have you!"

Man, I wish job-searching always worked like this! :D
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Otohiko wrote:So I'd been procrastinating for weeks on applying for a teaching gig I really wanted. It's for this awesome department that I worked as a TA for a year before, and is an opportunity for me to teach full-time. Unlike my own department, they are actually very organized and super-easy to deal with, and all of the other teachers there are really nice people and always seemed to be on the same page as me in terms of teaching.
By now I figured that the job would be already taken, being November and all...

Suddenly, before I even write or say anything, THEY email me today out of nowhere and are like, "Hey George, do you want this job? We'd love to have you!"

Man, I wish job-searching always worked like this! :D
Awesome break you got there :up:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General Discussion”