Say Goodbye to the Light (Steins;Gate AMV)

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Say Goodbye to the Light (Steins;Gate AMV)

Postby Daramue » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:25 pm

This is my first AMV. I first had the idea for this AMV upon watching steins;gate; I was hoping to capture some of the dark tension present around episode 12. That impending sense of hopelessness and dread; it was powerful stuff to me, and I wanted to find a way to convey it. What better way than through an AMV?

This stuff does not come naturally to me; learning Sony Vegas was difficult for me but in the end I was able to produce something I was proud of. I then submitted this AMV to Otakon 2012. As a first outing, I'm satisfied with it. While nothing amazing, I hope you'll enjoy it; if I've accomplished that, then that is good enough for me.
Daramue
BUTTERCUP!

Re: Say Goodbye to the Light (Steins;Gate AMV)

Postby Cecco » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:46 pm

You first amv?!?!? o.o it's pretty nice.
for you first amv it's very good editing,selection scene,flow ect. :up: :up:

Spoiler :
We must remember the my first amv,that I had done this and 100thousand times better XD
Cecco
Biscotto

Postby irriadin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:54 pm

Keep working on your motion & transition fluidity and you're gonna be a beast someday. Let's own Level Up :up:
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby Warlike Swans » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:20 pm

There are some places where the flow is off and it needed better polishing. That said, it's a *crazy* impressive first work. Look forward to seeing your next.
Warlike Swans

Postby Daramue » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:34 pm

I agree with the criticism on the flow; only after I've made two more amv's can I notice the flaws present in this video. Flow and scene selection are things I am developing a better sense of as my skills improve. I appreciate the compliments as well. Thank you for watching!

Also, excited for level up. :)
Daramue
BUTTERCUP!

Return to AMV Announcements