Say Goodbye to the Light (Steins;Gate AMV)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Daramue
BUTTERCUP!
Org Profile

Say Goodbye to the Light (Steins;Gate AMV)

Post by Daramue » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:25 pm

This is my first AMV. I first had the idea for this AMV upon watching steins;gate; I was hoping to capture some of the dark tension present around episode 12. That impending sense of hopelessness and dread; it was powerful stuff to me, and I wanted to find a way to convey it. What better way than through an AMV?

This stuff does not come naturally to me; learning Sony Vegas was difficult for me but in the end I was able to produce something I was proud of. I then submitted this AMV to Otakon 2012. As a first outing, I'm satisfied with it. While nothing amazing, I hope you'll enjoy it; if I've accomplished that, then that is good enough for me.
I created/designed my own anime blog. Maybe check it out sometime? - >http://www.daramue.com

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Re: Say Goodbye to the Light (Steins;Gate AMV)

Post by Cecco » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:46 pm

You first amv?!?!? o.o it's pretty nice.
for you first amv it's very good editing,selection scene,flow ect. :up: :up:
Spoiler :
We must remember the my first amv,that I had done this and 100thousand times better XD

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:54 pm

Keep working on your motion & transition fluidity and you're gonna be a beast someday. Let's own Level Up :up:

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:20 pm

There are some places where the flow is off and it needed better polishing. That said, it's a *crazy* impressive first work. Look forward to seeing your next.

Daramue
BUTTERCUP!
Org Profile

Post by Daramue » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:34 pm

I agree with the criticism on the flow; only after I've made two more amv's can I notice the flaws present in this video. Flow and scene selection are things I am developing a better sense of as my skills improve. I appreciate the compliments as well. Thank you for watching!

Also, excited for level up. :)
I created/designed my own anime blog. Maybe check it out sometime? - >http://www.daramue.com

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”