VNMV? (Visual Novel Music Video)

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Tonstar
Org Profile

VNMV? (Visual Novel Music Video)

Post by Tonstar » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Ok, so they would probably be classed as GMVs but, anywhoo.... I recently played and fell in love with a visual novel and wanted to make a short music video using it. The only problem is i'm not too sure how to go about it, seeing as it'll be mostly still scenes. The closest thing i can think of is MMVs (i havent actually watched many) but would really like to see some AMVs that use solely/mostly visual novel content. I've seen some that use the opening to Ef and such but would like to see some that use stills too. Otherwise any suggestions of some good MMVs will help me see what kind of style to use. Any other help would be greatly appreciated too. Thnx.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: VNMV? (Visual Novel Music Video)

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Oh my God.
There is an entire genre of videos like this. They are called seishiga MADs and are almost all made by Japanese people.

They were pretty big several years ago, but I haven't been following the scene lately, so I don't know if many are still being made.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:44 am

this is the best MMV i've seen:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:45 am

Best visual novel music video I've seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi3_np4ADj0

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:45 am

nicovideo.jp
bilibili.tv
youku.com
youtube.com

type in ゲームmad for games specifically, type 静止画mad for statics in general

vnmv is some imaginary term pulled out your ass, as zarx said this genre is huge....not something rare

Tonstar
Org Profile

Post by Tonstar » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:39 am

pacotacoshell wrote:Best visual novel music video I've seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi3_np4ADj0
Oh for god's sake :evil: Thats pretty much exactly what i was going to make. Same VN and all. GRRRRR! Thanks anyway guys.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:47 am

This is one of my favorites.

Damn this thread. I have spent the past several hours watching through my old collection of MADs. Now I have to go on a mass downloading binge to see whats came out in the past 5 years.

Return to “General AMV”