[BBG] Accel World - Liar - AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
BaconBitsAMV
Org Profile

[BBG] Accel World - Liar - AMV

Post by BaconBitsAMV » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:08 am

Please Enjoy my video and make sure to click the like button :P my second attampt at an AMV so let me know how i can improve :D

BaconBitsAMV
Org Profile

Re: [BBG] Accel World - Liar - AMV

Post by BaconBitsAMV » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:35 pm

bump!

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 am

I did not understand this video at all. I couldn't follow what was going on in the video due to random scenes following each other without any kind of connection.
It is important to decide before editing what you want to portray. Think of a concept, an idea...just something that makes your scenes connect. I couldn't care less for some sort of slideshow of scenes slapped on a timeline to music with no sense whatsoever.
Your video doesn't need the biggest creativity (though it's something I encourage) and most stunning concept, but one of the most important things of editing is that your video makes sense.
Next thing to follow is the scene selection in context with the sound of music and the way you transition them. For example: Pumping fighting scenes on the louder parts of the song and scenes connection your concept in the lower parts, etc.
I do not want a still dragging on scene of characters when the song yells at me, as much as I do not want crazy fast scenes when the song is meaning to calm me down.
That aside, the second most important thing would be the actual timing of scenes. Try to follow the flow of the song, hit the beats! Wether you go for external sync with scene changes and effects or internal sync. Some ideas for the latter are for example hits or kicks or explosions that go with drum beats, or for example fast movements in different directions suiting the movement of a guitar riff.

And at last of course....remove the subtitles ~_~

Good Luck on your next try!

BaconBitsAMV
Org Profile

Post by BaconBitsAMV » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:13 pm

thanks for the info, i tried to make the more action filled scenes come on when the more intense parts of the song occured, but yeah alot of my timing was off and there was no real plan to my scenes. i put the subs in cause i thought it would explain what was happening in the scene more then just seeing it, but it does look tacky, gonna do a small amount of lipsync and plan a story in my next one.

-cheers

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”