Geist [Project Editor: TTT - Round 1]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Geist [Project Editor: TTT - Round 1]

Post by Animated » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Team "Probe launched into Polish priest who gets young children to lick whipped cream off his knee in creepy school initiation (Formerly The Little Polish Sexy Lady and some 3 Weird Edwards)" presents you it's first (and hopefully not the last) video, for Round one of Project Editor: Tag Team Trials. The challenge we had was to blend together both anime and manga in a unique and compelling way... and that's what we actually did. Instead of putting a simple MMV with some anime scenes (or the other way), we created a simple concept: Manga characters getting stuck into the anime world, wanting to get back. Originality was the key for us, so we tried it that way.

It was really, really hard for the 4 of us to edit not only to manga, but to that kind of song too, but the outcome pleases us and we totally hope we get another chance to prove our talent in another... more fitting challenge I suppose. All yours ladies and gentlemen, and now... waiting for the opponent. :D

xDreww
Org Profile

Re: Geist [Project Editor: TTT - Round 1]

Post by xDreww » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:18 pm

Very, very very nice. You guys did an amazing job. I can tell you guys talked it over with each other about concept and scene points and all that. Very good team work and outcome for the video. Was very hard to tell who did what track. Good luck to you guys. (:

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:41 pm

That was awesome. I just love it. Solid MEP and great team work, nice job guys!

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Animated, Kevmaster, Centurione.....wait where is ...me?

PS: Oh I already received the confirmation thing xD
Nice result I liked it! It took me 3 days make that intro...was very difficult actually...and
I forgot to send you my anime list...crap xD

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Oh, lovely job. It's weird to see manga and anime in one scene, and in some cases it looked out of place, other times it blended very well, but the story is magnificent and had more an impact on me than anything. I think we'll see more PE:TTT videos from you guys (:
Image Image

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Thank you! :O

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:48 pm

very unexpected concept!

i actually liked it, good association and all.

Only thing i would notice is the feeling of a manga characters aren't perfectly integrated: very few ground shadows for example.adding some croff-fading scans in the scenes just to let the impression the character are not statues would have been a great plus IMO. maybe we can use the argument "yeah but it's to make them feel "out of this world" ", but i still would have prefered more "active" scans.

nonetheless, it's still a good and enjoyable MEP.

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:48 am

very nice work! it's awesome that you guys had a concept and managed to did it in a nice way, the parts blend togeter so much, really good work!
1:53-1:54 was a bit strange though, that movement could have been a bit nicer, and it was just weird to use the whole manga page, also you used the whole pages at the end, though it's okay, it's for the concept, but you could have deleted the text from some places, I saw you removed them from the bubbles, but some text stayed (I guess the ones which are hard to remove) :P but anyway nice work!

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:56 am

Actually to be honest I wasn't sure about the whole thing as I was watching our parts separately. But now I'm REALLY pleased with the outcome.

LET'S KEEP IT UP AND WIN THIS GAME :dino: :dino:

And I really feel happy reading all those comments. Thank youu!

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:02 am

Yeah, the final result is great!!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”